• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
So I guess this means I should watch it....? (glances at her screenname) Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, it sounds like a lot of fun. Do want.

I wonder when it'll be dubbed, or if the English dub cast of the series will return. It was an Animaze dub, but Funimation has the license.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote
The review makes it sound a lot better than a mere C+.

And is it really so bad that the movie was aimed at fans? As long as it appeals to them (and by all accounts it does) then isn't that enough?

As a guy who rated the series as a Masterpiece, I am going to watch this movie.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
Pretty much what I expected from a Trigun film.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The review makes it sound a lot better than a mere C+.

Yeah, that surprised me as well. The review sounded relatively positive but then went with a C+ which is pretty unimpressive.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
I think the review and the score match up pretty well. Basically what I got was that this movie is basically a long TV episode (from the first half, and not the actual more dark second half) with updated animation. It's enjoyable, but nothing new is brought to the table. As I was somewhat of a fan of Trigun, I'll be buying the DVD when FUNi releases it.

I imagine it was pretty weird for most of the people at AX who watched the movie subbed though. Even most of the ardent otaku I know only watched Trigun with the dub.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote
I may be wrong here but Didn't the Creator of Trigun say that the movie was made for the the American fans? I'm pretty sure that was their intention the whole time when making the movie. If you want more of a conclusion from the TV series then read the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
So I guess this means I should watch it....

(glances at his screenname) Very Happy

This better be amazing. I have been waiting 10 years for this.

Where can i watch this does anyone know?
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:19 am Reply with quote
*another one glances at the screenname, hey, it's a trend*

Funi had said at AX that this would have a theatrical release! I swear I will miss work to see this in the theater...LOVE AND PEACE!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
Wow, I expected a B/B+ from the review that I read. Admittedly shocked the score was so low. Surprised

Anyway, never watched the series so I'm not interested in the movie.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Wow, I expected a B/B+ from the review that I read. Admittedly shocked the score was so low. Surprised

Yeah, the grading system is meaningless. For an inverse situation, I often read a mediocre review by Theron Martin that spends half the time complaining about the series, only to see it get a "B." There's no rubric where they mark off points, so each reviewer is basically just putting down what their personal gut feels when it comes to final grades. Just read the review and ignore the grade scale, that's what I've learned to do.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
I shall admit I am curious about this film in a certain way. More informatively, I am curious to hear how JesuOtaku responded to it. Though I pray that such an assumption may be forgiven, one supposes I shall be adequately informed in due time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maaya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
this movie is basically a long TV episode (from the first half, and not the actual more dark second half) with updated animation. It's enjoyable, but nothing new is brought to the table.

This is pretty much spot on. Even fans of the series should not expect too much apart from some nice Trigun fun. But nothing deep or extraordinary.

After watching the movie in cinema I felt a bit underwhelmed and certainly not interested in watching it again. Nor is it anything to remember (different from the TV series).
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
this movie is basically a long TV episode (from the first half, and not the actual more dark second half) with updated animation. It's enjoyable, but nothing new is brought to the table.

This is pretty much spot on. Even fans of the series should not expect too much apart from some nice Trigun fun. But nothing deep or extraordinary.

After watching the movie in cinema I felt a bit underwhelmed and certainly not interested in watching it again. Nor is it anything to remember (different from the TV series).

So its basically an extended filler episode as opposed to a sequel/prequel? Does that mean it takes place during the tv show?
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Its been a while. but I'm pretty sure that I enjoyed the first half more.
So you guys are pretty much saying its gonna be the shit. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3