• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anime and Manga Fan's Guide to Comic-Con 2010

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Sean Schemmel will be there? Such lucky con-goers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I've been suspecting that a major announcement from Funimation in regards to a Sailor Moon re-release with a new dub is imminent, and, since they didn't announce it at Anime Expo, San Diego Comic-Con is the next logical venue for such an announcement.

In many ways, Comic-Con would be more logical, since Sailor Moon has some mainstream awareness as a nostalgia property outside of the anime fandom niche.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Wow, Sean Schemmel will be there? Such lucky con-goers.

Seriously. I jokingly envy those with time off from work or are going anyway.

It would be awesome to hear him say an anime line live and in person.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
Only looking forward to Viz Media's Shonen Jump Panel. I wonder what new Shonen Jump title's has been licensed.

*Take out Shonen Jump August 2010 Issue and read what it says about Comic-Con*

Exclusive Announcements!
2008: Tegami Bachi, Ultimo!
2009: Toriko, Bakuman!
2010: Visit us and find out!

Yeah, since were getting Bakuman next month, I hope they licensed Beelzebub and Medaka Box. Very Happy Then again... Beelzebub might go under the Shonen Jump Advance Imprint. Crying or Very sad Blah, I just want my hands on both series! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Anime Remix on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Only looking forward to Viz Media's Shonen Jump Panel. I wonder what new Shonen Jump title's that licensed.

Exclusive Announcements!

Yeah, since were getting Bakuman next month, I hope they licensed Beelzebub and Medaka Box. Very Happy Then again... Beelzebub might go under the Shonen Jump Advance Imprint. Crying or Very sad Blah, I just want my hands on both series! Twisted Evil

I'm pretty sure the two titles this year are going to be Nura and Psyren. I don't believe they officially announced Psyren yet, anyway, and Nura is guaranteed since they licensed the Anime.

I want Beelzebub, Sket Dance, and Kuroko no Basket! And from Jump SQ I want Ao no Exoricst, Kure-nai, and Shiki. The WSJ titles should all go under the regular Shonen Jump imprint, but the Jump SQ titles would definitely be for Shonen Jump Advanced.

The Prince of Tennis is ending soon, right? So they could also license The New Prince of Tennis.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quote
*crosses fingers* Will THIS be the event that Cardcaptor Sakura gets licensed at? I will be a VERY happy person if so Very Happy
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote
Well, CCS was basically announced as being Dark Horse's by Carl Horn in the endnotes of vol. 3 of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project (penultimate page), but who knows when it'll actually get a formal at-a-panel type announcement.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quote
Yes the manga has been rescued, but NOT the anime yet... This is one Geneon rescue that they missed during AX :p
KrebMarkt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quote
For Moto Hagio.

Only if you can get through manga editor Matt Thorn first.

So very true.

It was overlooked that Matt Thorn updated his blog with a "What do you want to ask Moto Hagio?" post.
http://matt-thorn.com/wordpress/?p=452

Maybe not too late for posting your last minute questions.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Hmm... I've been suspecting that a major announcement from Funimation in regards to a Sailor Moon re-release with a new dub is imminent, and, since they didn't announce it at Anime Expo, San Diego Comic-Con is the next logical venue for such an announcement.

I don't know where you're picking up these signals, but according to things I've learned first hand, abandon all hope for a license rescue of Sailor Moon for the foreseeable future. There is a significant issue in Japan preventing further release of that property in the States.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote
I can't think of a single thing I want FUNi to get (barring the newest DB special and the YYH movie(s) and OVAs...ooh, and the School Rumble OVA), so my sights are set on Viz manga.

C'mon Viz, just gimme Embalming and Zetman, pretty please? I need even more Watsuki and Katsura in my life darn it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

I don't know where you're picking up these signals, but according to things I've learned first hand, abandon all hope for a license rescue of Sailor Moon for the foreseeable future. There is a significant issue in Japan preventing further release of that property in the States.

Seems kind of odd for a title as old as Sailor Moon to be having problems in Japan preventing release in the U.S. Though we do have the Macross/Robotech example.

Perhaps the Japanese rights to Sailor Moon are split and they are arguing over who has the right to distribute and make money from new licenses in the United States. Just my guess, can't think of anything else that would encite a "abandon all hope" comment. Those sort of things can tie up properties for years.
driverstart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Yes the manga has been rescued, but NOT the anime yet... This is one Geneon rescue that they missed during AX :p

They also missed out on Paranoia Agent. That would be awesome to see.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Only looking forward to Viz Media's Shonen Jump Panel. I wonder what new Shonen Jump title's that licensed.

Exclusive Announcements!

I'm pretty sure the two titles this year are going to be Nura and Psyren. I don't believe they officially announced Psyren yet, anyway, and Nura is guaranteed since they licensed the Anime.

I want Beelzebub, Sket Dance, and Kuroko no Basket! And from Jump SQ I want Ao no Exoricst, Kure-nai, and Shiki. The WSJ titles should all go under the regular Shonen Jump imprint, but the Jump SQ titles would definitely be for Shonen Jump Advanced.

The Prince of Tennis is ending soon, right? So they could also license The New Prince of Tennis.

Yeah, I need to start on my Prince Of Tennis manga collection (really would love to get my hands on The New Prince Of Tennis!). I got a good feeling that Psyren will get licensed and announced.

Anyways, just got to find out and see! *cross fingers*
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

This significant issue wouldn't happen to be anything to do with a certain company which has 4 letters in its name and is also famous for making live-action shows which feature 5 or more heroes wearing multi-colored spandex while piloting badass robots by any chance, would it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4