• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dengeki Daisy GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
Oh hey, I didn't realize this was licensed. Awesome! I'll have to find it, now.

Like the reviewer said, Dengeki Daisy relies on some fairly standard shoujo tropes, but executes them well. It's an enjoyable read, and gets more exciting as time goes on.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
AnnoyedWabbit wrote:
Like the reviewer said, Dengeki Daisy relies on some fairly standard shoujo tropes, but executes them well. It's an enjoyable read, and gets more exciting as time goes on.

That's really great to know. I was hesitant to check out this series until a friend turned me on to Beast Master, and now with the review's support, I feel like I can delve into it with almost no apprehension.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
Great review.

One thing I love the most about DD, is the humor.
Also the fact that Teru is actually a likeable heroine and stays that way. I've read many shoujo manga series that had great heroines in the beginning, only to be disappointed later on when they become stupid or blinded by 'love' (or something idiotic like that, that's always the case most of the time)

Now, if only Devil and her Love Song got brought over, that would make me even more happier.
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't know this was released already. I can't wait to order a copy. Thanks for the review!

BunnyCupCakes wrote:

Now, if only Devil and her Love Song got brought over, that would make me even more happier.

Omfg, yes!
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
and now with the review's support, I feel like I can delve into it with almost no apprehension.

You let other people's opinions control yours?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
and now with the review's support, I feel like I can delve into it with almost no apprehension.

You let other people's opinions control yours?

No, but if you were curious about something, and then a reviewer whose previous opinions had some synchronicity with yours liked it, wouldn't you at least try it out? Personally I might not buy it, but it would be on my library hold list in five seconds flat. There's no harm in trying the first volume of a series.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Umai_Mouri wrote:
BunnyCupCakes wrote:

Omfg, yes!
Thirding this, if it can't be told by previous posts of mine and my avatar. Anime hyper
ahelo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:16 am Reply with quote
AnnoyedWabbit wrote:
Oh hey, I didn't realize this was licensed. Awesome! I'll have to find it, now.

I thought that was the beauty of the series. It uses average shoujo themes yet manages to be completely original when read. I don't care about stuff like liscencing and all but if this being liscenced means it will go up in popularity so be it. I hope it does though cus this is freakin awesome.

Too bad I don't have money to buy it Very Happy.
archaron

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I was unsure on this series or not and I think I will buy the first couple volumes to see how I like the series. After that glowing review how could I not.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
Read it today. Easily liked it enough to purchase and follow the series. Anime hyper
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 am Reply with quote
I happened to run into Dengeki Daisy a month before it's U.S. release, via YouTube, and I have to say after watching the small fan made video, I was sold. Anime smile I'm not too big on manga, I'll read a few things here and there but I have to say that this is one series I will follow closely. Anime catgrin
lys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Fiiinally got my copy! My usual bookstore decided not to stock it (whyever not??) so I had to go to another branch (I could order it online, but I already knew this is the sort of series I need to buy in a store—instant gratification and all that). It's hard to pinpoint exactly why I love Motomi-sensei's work—maybe it's the art, maybe the humour or level of comedic violence that you don't normally see in shoujo manga (I also love Hidaka Banri's work, for this and numerous other reasons), maybe the expressions on the characters' faces. But it's totally, completely addicting. Can't wait for volume twoooo!!

(also fourth-ing the request for Devil and her Love Song! Viz, are you paying attention? You've got four fans dying to read it in just this one thread!!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1