• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vertical, Inc. Industry Panel with Felipe Smith

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I love you Vertical. Thanks for all the series you're bringing out.

Currently, I'm only collecting Twin Spica, but now I'm interested in Peepo Choo and Black Jack as well. And I'm curious as to what the new titles are going to be. Looking forward to them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I knew Vertical didn't publish much but if they only new announcements they have are around/over a year away from being released (and isn't NYCC in February?) it feels like they were trying to fill up the panel. Really curious what the titles are but being told you'll find out what they are in six months feels mean-spirited.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Regarding Black Jack, Chavez said there were currently "a lot of little things happening around Black Jack." Chavez then mentioned the recently announced commercial collaboration between Black Jack and Hugh Laurie's
"House" character. Chavez said that Black Jack "is going to be a household name relatively soon we hope."

Does this mean they're taking that campaign stateside, too?
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When asked about releasing some 1970's shojo titles, Chavez revealed that Vertical is currently in talks with three of the "Forty-Niners" shojo manga creators, and hopes to have a title from one of those creators out next year. Chavez said it will happen; that he "will make it happen."

Great news! They should rescue Swan and From Eroica with Love while they're at it Anime smile
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the eventual announcements of thsoe new licenses. I have Needles on order, but have to get some of those other titles too- Vertical's production values are always great, and I love the series of theirs I have.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
1) Just started the first volume of Twin Spica last night and am loving it so far. Rarely has a manga so grabbed my heart from the first chapter.

2) Stop being so sneaky and just tell us what the titles are! This "Title T" and "Title M" stuff is so annoying. Evil or Very Mad

3) As much as the Guin Saga manga might be interesting, is there any way at all we could get more of the books? Or possibly just a less expensive release of the first five so that I could actually buy them myself rather than making my library do it for me?
diligent sesame

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When asked about releasing some 1970's shojo titles, Chavez revealed that Vertical is currently in talks with three of the "Forty-Niners" shojo manga creators, and hopes to have a title from one of those creators out next year. Chavez said it will happen; that he "will make it happen."

Oh my god oh my god

Think, what title would I most like to see??
Maryohki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Oh my God Vertical I love you so much saodwdjwjsdjjksdjqj
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1