• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Hetalia World Series, Strike Witches 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Cool, more Hetalia. Cool
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Meh; yes; meh; yes Razz
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
So this is Funimation saying 'we have half of the anime market; Sentai, you can have Mitsudomoe if you want'.

But I really am surprised that Shukufuku no Campanella got licensed. I didn't think that one had a lot going for it, unlike Amagami SS which has kneepit makeouts. I bet they only got Campanella because it has a fantasy aspect to it.
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome~~ I can't wait to see the Hetalia movie! Anime hyper FUNI's releasing the first 2 seasons of Hetalia pretty quickly in succession (September and October this year), so I hope the movie and World Series will follow just as quickly~
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Yes Strike Witch 2 and Shukufuku no Campanella about time
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
So this is Funimation saying 'we have half of the anime market; Sentai, you can have Mitsudomoe if you want'.

But I really am surprised that Shukufuku no Campanella got licensed. I didn't think that one had a lot going for it, unlike Amagami SS which has kneepit makeouts. I bet they only got Campanella because it has a fantasy aspect to it.

They're still missing over 20 good shows that are only 2-3 years old. Campanella and Ookami are only being watched now because the season is pretty small.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:

I'd rather Sentai take Occult Accademy myself.

That said, I don't particularly care for any of these shows, but I hope the fans who enjoy them will support FUNimation's ever-expanding empire.

Also, I really hope Campanella was a part of a batch deal, cause otherwise.... wow.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised???
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome Strike Witches 2 is getting an R1 release, can't get enough Strike Witches.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
They're still missing over 20 good shows that are only 2-3 years old. Campanella and Ookami are only being watched now because the season is pretty small.

Very true. Hopefully they won't get into the habit of only licensing the newest shows from each season, especially when their new survey hints at some possible chipboard boxes for new releases.

Megiddo wrote:

Yes please. Great show so far. I only said Mitsudomoe because that is clearly the type of show Funi would never touch, while I'm sure Occult Academy was just too much money at the moment.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Very true. Hopefully they won't get into the habit of only licensing the newest shows from each season, especially when their new survey hints at some possible chipboard boxes for new releases.

Megiddo wrote:

Yes please. Great show so far. I only said Mitsudomoe because that is clearly the type of show Funi would never touch, while I'm sure Occult Academy was just too much money at the moment.

I agree, licensing a show just because it's new is a very bad idea, especially when we have absolutely no idea how bad or good they could end up being. I know it's trying to capitalize on the "NEW AND FRESH" market, but it still doesn't mean a show might be worth the effort.

I don't want to start a thread about WHY ISN'T X LICENSED, but really, there's so many better titles to drop cash for. As for the streaming and simulcast, I still haven't seen Sengoku Basara 2 or Sekirei 2 up yet.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Sengoku Basara S2 streaming here: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=306
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I have the first season of Strike Witches (along with the patch) sitting on my shelf, but I haven't watched it. Okamisan sounds pretty interesting even though the Summer Previewers didn't seem too fond of it (if I remember right). My original plan with Hetalia was to wait until seasons 1 and 2 were combined, but I guess I'll have to get them as they come out now since Japan keeps making more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda praying that FUNImation stops licensing everything. It's about quality, not quantity man. None of these shows are really quality.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Awsome! I'll be getting all 4 of these at some point.

Although, I'm kinda surprised they already licensed Shukufuku and Okami-san while they're still airing in Japan as opposed to just streaming them. Oh well, I'm not complaining. I've been interested in seeing both of those for awhile, so at least now I wont have to resort to fansubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4