• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Okamisan and Blessing of the Campanella Debuts and Blue Drop, Moribito, Corpse Princess, Hetal

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
Gong still lives?
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll has added the first four episodes of Kenji Kamiyama's Moribito to its streaming outlet.

I wondered why there was no mention of this on the front page at Crunchyroll until I searched for Moribito. On its page, there is the entry:

List of Seirei no Moribito Episodes
Sorry, there are no videos available at this time.

Perhaps the next time out they might wait until the episodes are available before making a press release.
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations ep. 1-2 (dub)

It's actually only subbed. And it's also on Youtube (the first episode, anyway)

It's amazing how much stuff is continually being added to the various sites. Almost crazy to think just a few years ago nothing like this was around.

Beginning to watch more and more series by streaming now :S
rainwithsunshine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations?! Shocked

The licensing announcement was so exciting, and now this! Hoorah Funimation Anime hyper
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Quote:
Crunchyroll has added the first four episodes of Kenji Kamiyama's Moribito to its streaming outlet.

I wondered why there was no mention of this on the front page at Crunchyroll until I searched for Moribito. On its page, there is the entry:

List of Seirei no Moribito Episodes
Sorry, there are no videos available at this time.

Perhaps the next time out they might wait until the episodes are available before making a press release.

Looks like the person who writes the press release needs a copyeditor, to avoid premature streaming announcements. With the new Summer season announcements seeming to be closed, its interesting to see the first mid-season back catalog series announcement they have planned.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
VizAnime is also showing IS episodes 1 - 6 on their website. http://www.vizanime.com/is
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
That's a neat coincidence, earlier this morning I was looking at the list of free streaming anime kept on Toonzone's anime forum to see if anyone to see if anyone had a Moribito stream, nothing listed- eventually I made it to the news page here and I get my wish after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PBsallad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Moribito:_Guardian_of_the_Spirit

The first episode is available to everyone wile 2-4 is subscribers only.

Anime Remix wrote:
VizAnime is also showing IS episodes 1 - 6 on their website. http://www.vizanime.com/is

Season 1 is probably up there too, its 2 episodes.
Just in case anyone didn't now already, everything on VizAnime is also on Hulu.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I quickly checked out the Blue Drop dub... I dunno, didn't hate it (except for the dorm kitchen lady), but really didn't like most of it either. Some parts are better than others. I blame the VA director. I thought the side characters Akane Kawashima (the tall classmate) and that teacher working undercover sounded better, more natural than the main characters.

I don't feel compelled to buy or trade-in my sub dvds but I'm still on the fence about it, just to get the "complete package".. unless there will be more extras which would decide the case for me.

Last edited by configspace on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bingal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Moribito is together with 12 Kingdoms my favorite fantasy anime.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that at least the first episode of Moribito is out there for people to see, I was rather frustrated that AS kept changing the times so I wasn't able to record many and it was only because the set was $30 at Walmart that I got it (so glad I did but I'm still peeved at AS since I would check each week too to try and tape it).
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I've been interested in checking out Moribito for a while now. I'm glad it's coming to CR.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Freaking awesome on Tokyo Revelations (although Episode 3 is my favorite since it shows how kickass Sakura can be, but in due time!), but cool on Moribito being on CR. I've been wanting to re-watch the series again, but since I had traded in my original DVDs to eventually get the space-saving boxset I hadn't had the chance to enjoy this again. Now I'm glad that I'll be able to do so again. ^^
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quote
Do yourselves a favor and hurry over to RightStuf where they're selling the "Wal-Mart" version box set of Moribito for $20! That's all 26 episodes and probably won't last long. The regular boxset costs five times that price.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Do yourselves a favor and hurry over to RightStuf where they're selling the "Wal-Mart" version box set of Moribito for $20! That's all 26 episodes and probably won't last long. The regular boxset costs five times that price.

Well, it's $26. But still Shocked Thanks for the tip! Got my order in Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2