• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, August 2-8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Considering 07 Ghost ended almost a year ago I was pretty surprised to see it on the list, guess another benefit to half-season packs over here is that it doesn't take a year to release 13 two episode DVDs.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Considering the seasons have to end before they can get season sets, the amount of time they have to wait makes sense.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Eden of the East. When that season began it was by far my favorite title. And somehow by the middle I was rather bored; by the end I thought it was somewhat stupid. The movies don't help the situation. Easily my least favorite Kamiyama directed title. On the other hand, more GitS SAC or Moribito would be welcome.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Ah, Eden of the East. When that season began it was by far my favorite title. And somehow by the middle I was rather bored; by the end I thought it was somewhat stupid. The movies don't help the situation. Easily my least favorite Kamiyama directed title. On the other hand, more GitS SAC or Moribito would be welcome.

I felt the same way about the show; the first episode was the most interesting, in my opinion. I haven't seen the movies, but was considering watching them. They're not worth it I assume?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first movie and thought it was one of the most boring things I have ever watched.

Not sure if I'm going to bother with the second.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:

I felt the same way about the show; the first episode was the most interesting, in my opinion. I haven't seen the movies, but was considering watching them. They're not worth it I assume?

I haven't seen the second, and don't feel any great urge to do so, though I've heard it's underwhelming. The first seemed almost entirely pointless to me.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope Eden of the East II actually resolves things. The first movie was boring as hell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1