• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vexille/Ping Pong's Sori to Direct Dragon Age Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quote
Sounds cool, but the fact Sori is involved, now scares me that this will be another CG laced debacle, like Appleseed. Anime doesn't need too much CG in it.

I pray all goes well with it. At least its likely to have a good story, fingers crossed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:24 am Reply with quote
Based on Vexille and To, I'd say the chances of it being fully computer rendered are pretty darned high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The film will be the first title from Funimation's Original Entertainment team and its co-production initiative. The original fantasy action role-playing game franchise has sold 4 million copies worldwide. Funimation will release the feature-length film on DVD in North America at the end of 2011, and it will also handle DVD distribution in other countries except Japan. The film is slated for a theatrical release in Japan.

For that part, hopefully, that mean the Dragon Age video game may get a Japanese release somewhere soon. I hope the movie and the game can be released at maybe the same time. I know Bioware's other game, Mass Effect was release in Japan just last years (2 years after it's US release).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Eh, Vexille was passable I guess but so completely forgettable. I never actually played Dragon Age either but my impression was that it seemed like a very generic fantasy story. Overall, I'm not too optimistic about this project. Hopefully it will at least be a big seller though.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Horribly, eye-rollingly generic, in my opinion. I've always held that Bioware doesn't tell great stories, but it's the best there is when it comes to characterisation. Hopefully this'll come through in the final product.

Honestly, I would have preferred to see Mass Effect before this. But I am curious to see how this turns out for Funimation, and hope it's a success for them.
Looped

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quote
Urrh... So a stiff and generic movie adaption I guess.
I don't have much hope for this project Rolling Eyes
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
oh, I just got the news from a gaming website that Dragon Age: Origins game will be getting a Japanese releasenext year in January.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1