• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Yes We Kun

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_V_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to be at New York Anime Festival: what can we expect from the live taping of ANNcast? Thank you for running it here.

And welcome back to NYC: shining center of civilization (on the East Coast, at least)
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Fantasy doesn't really evolve, that's why Lord of the Rings which was written in more than 50 years ago isn't that different from a recently released fantasy series.

As for the reason no one makes a Hellsing video game that because the Japanese didn't really like Hellsing, and because american gamers really hate anime. Why do you think they stopped releasing FMA games in America.

A remake of mighty Max was awesome, especially Norman

As for Alvin and the Chipmunks check out Toonzone from when the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie was released, I honestly don't know how half the movie board wasn't banned from all the cap locks rant.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
That was a really interesting interview. I'm glad they finally explained what went on in the earlier days of Crunchyroll...so now people can FINALLY shut up about that.

As for new stuff, I'm glad their working on adding karaoke to the opening themes, because that's actually turned a lot of fans away from the. Also good to see their putting in a piece of the pie for DVD's here. Perhaps when companies license some of the shows they have, they can work out deals to use Crunchy's translations(I'd pray for this on the day Reborn's anime adaption is licensed here). The explination for the manga iniative was a bit off from what we were all expecting...but it makes more sense realistically. Viz mentioned something about taking more iniative with digital manga so hopefully the publishers will use the Crunchyroll model whatever it may be...and hopefully it can pave the way to manga simulcast.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Why do you think they stopped releasing FMA games in America.

Because they're mean and want to deprive me of Prince of Dawn. Sad

I can see people thinking Casshern Sins is boring. It is a little slow. But it's so beautiful.

I've been watching Occult Academy (on Crunchyroll!) and liking it. Especially the character Smile, who will punch anything.

I wish Ubisoft would have given the Scott Pilgrim game a Nintendo system port. I mean, half the video game references in the comic are Nintendo-related! My DS and Wii are waiting, Ubisoft! Loved the movie.

It took me forever to beat Super Mario Bros. 2 (Actually, I think it was the only Mario game I ever beat... I suck at video games!). I am jealous you can speed run it, Zac.

I can imagine Larry King's special move in that proposed game is proposing marriage to his opponent.

Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Hey, where's like the schedule that shows the timestamps of stuff?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Interesting note about the declining birthrate affecting the amount of anime made. Hasn't it already caused fewer anime for kids to be produced? I'd imagine the young teen/tween demographic will be coming up next.
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Zac, they do have ads.

I saw that....somewhere. It is real though.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Zac, they do have ads.

I saw that....somewhere. It is real though.

Yeah, afterward I remembered where I'd seen CR ads before. The better, more direct question would've been "what's your marketing structure + budget + strategy" rather than suggesting they don't have a strong one.

Hey, everyone makes mistakes.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Because they're mean and want to deprive me of Prince of Dawn. Sad

From what I saw Prince of Dawn honestly didn't look any different from the PS2 games where Ed was the only playable character. I mean you have this huge and diverse cast of characters why don't you let me use them. Although the cast did look more interesting than the previous ones.

The one I wanted brought over was the PSP game that was basically the entire manga as a game.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi in the UK was an error, from comment off the UK DVD rights holder.
Whos clerical error it was we have no idea, but they do happen. See Bandai/ Section 23 mess earlier this year over Sola.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Fantasy doesn't really evolve, that's why Lord of the Rings which was written in more than 50 years ago isn't that different from a recently released fantasy series.

I'm pretty sure Berserk and a Song of Ice and Fire are vastly different from lord of the rings

Charred Knight wrote:

becuase they were really, really bad?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
From what I saw Prince of Dawn honestly didn't look any different from the PS2 games where Ed was the only playable character. I mean you have this huge and diverse cast of characters why don't you let me use them. Although the cast did look more interesting than the previous ones.

The one I wanted brought over was the PSP game that was basically the entire manga as a game.

But I only have a Wii (well, a DS, too), so I was happy when there was finally going to be a FMA game on the Wii, but then it never got brought over, so I was upset.

Maybe I just wanted to see all the cut scenes. I'm interested in that other country. I sort of wish there were more side stories about the other countries around Amestris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I believe there is a FMA Brotherhood game coming to North America for PSP. I don't believe it's the RPG though, instead it's some brawler... There are a few Wii FMA: B games, but they sold hysterically bad in Japan.

As for the "raping my childhood" thing, well just have to look at DragonBall. It had what most would call a terrible movie that made nothing, and a year later it's the strongest the franchise has been in years. Totally ruined forever. Wink
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
The Crunchyroll guy completely ducking its own past of hosting tons of illegal fansubs (user uploaded but administration supported!) was sure funny to listen to.

Thanks for making him a little uneasy Zac, as well as the guy who sent in that question.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

I'm pretty sure Berserk and a Song of Ice and Fire are vastly different from lord of the rings

Charred Knight wrote:

becuase they were really, really bad?

Generally speaking their are a ton of different varieties like Conan the Barbarian and it's descendents (Berserk obviously fits into this type of series), you have series based off of Tolkien such as D and D, and you have the fantasy series that meld fantasy and sci-fi such as He-man and Final Fantasy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6