• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beez Adds SoraKake, Sora no Woto, Lucky Star, Outlaw Star

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Meanwhile, Beez also confirmed that its previously announced Durarara!! release will have three sets consisting of eight or nine episodes (including any OVAs) and will cost £24.99 (about US$32.04) per set.
I wonder what the American price will be... Surely the American price might be cheaper? Blah. Just a thought. :S
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, Beez also confirmed that its previously announced Durarara!! release will have three sets consisting of eight or nine episodes (including any OVAs) and will cost £24.99 (about US$32.04) per set.
I wonder what the American price will be... Surely the American price might be cheaper? Blah. Just a thought. :S

Based on Aniplex's pricing on the Gurren movies I would expect the price to be a bit more then the price Beez will be offering at. I would LOVE for it to be that low but i really doubt it unless aniplex has changed their strategy alot since they released the movies(which is possible considering Durarara!! is gonna have a dub when they said they would never do dubs when they first released the Gurren movies)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Quote:

You think a $30 MSRP for 8-9 episodes isn't cheap enough? You'll probably be able to get each set for $15-20 meaning you can own the full series for $45-60, which isn't bad at all.
gojira89

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure that the U.S. SRP price will probably be $39.99. I'm just guessing that because that was the price for other anime that were released in 3 parts.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
Now if Beez would dub the OVA, I would not only be exceptionally surprised, but I would also buy it right then and there.

Yeah, the chances of that happening are 1/50, but at least it's not nothing at all.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
Wait, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.........

Besides this not being my batman glass, UK is BARELY getting Outlaw and Lucky Star? Isn't this a little late?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Besides this not being my batman glass, UK is BARELY getting Outlaw and Lucky Star? Isn't this a little late?

A little? Outlaw Star was made in 1998 and was licensed shortly after. Twelve years is slightly more than a decade and two years, so I'd say they are indeed late.

Lucky Star was made in 2007, so that isn't too late. Compared to twelve years, three years isn't that much.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

A little? Outlaw Star was made in 1998 and was licensed shortly after. Twelve years is slightly more than a decade and two years, so I'd say they are indeed late.

Lucky Star was made in 2007, so that isn't too late. Compared to twelve years, three years isn't that much.

No, no, Lucky Star is classsed as late here. Generaly we get stuff within a year of the US release. Or, more often, at the same time as the Austrailian release (due to normaly sharing DVD Matsers).
Xagor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quote
Also surprised it took this long for us to get Outlaw Star, especially considering it aired uncut when it was originally shown on TV over here. We even had that ep that was completely cut from the US broadcast.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote
Argh Sora no Woto. That show was such a major dissapointment Sad

I might buy the US version of Durarara is the dub is any good. Shipping from the UK doesn't even save as much time as I always expect, so there's no point in buying the sub-only release.

(It is sub-only, right? I remember reading that somewhere)
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Argh Sora no Woto. That show was such a major dissapointment Sad

I might buy the US version of Durarara is the dub is any good. Shipping from the UK doesn't even save as much time as I always expect, so there's no point in buying the sub-only release.

(It is sub-only, right? I remember reading that somewhere)

Yup sub only(at initial release) with replacement program for when the US dub is out.

Shipping from the US takes as long as shipping within the UK (and vice versa apparently), customs can make it take longer tho'. So I assume it's similar times for both wherever you are.
psychopuppet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 am Reply with quote
Didn't Outlaw Star get a remaster in Japan a few years ago? I wonder if Beez will use that or what us R1 folks have? Hopefully if it's the remaster then Bandai here will release it sooner or later to.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Such is the problem with being an anime fan here.

Reaper gI wrote:
Generaly we get stuff within a year of the US release.

This isn't quite the norm yet. I would estimate the mean delay as slightly more than a year. Andrew will probably be able to provide more accurate a statistic than you or I, however.

psychopuppet wrote:
Didn't Outlaw Star get a remaster in Japan a few years ago? I wonder if Beez will use that or what us R1 folks have

I suspect the PAL master made for the Australian release might have been used. Obtaining masters of an appropriate format is one of the primary problems our companies face, if I recall correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Then again, we (as in American) didn't get Turn A Gundam until this year. So yeah it possible for a country to get a anime 10 years after it's Japanese broadcast. It was a little odd for UK to get Outlaw Star just now, but I'm glad UK now got the series. I hope other European countries can get more anime that we have like I notice Italy (I have friends from that country) had anime for a long time and now they're not picking up good titles like we do. They're not picking up Shakugan No Shana, Air (this is a anime Italian would love), Kanon, Clannad, Shikabane Hime, KuroKami, Strike Witches, Kiddy Grade, Moonphase, nor Fruit Baskets. Italy was the biggest importer of mecha anime and they're not picking up Gundam 00, Gundam Unicorn, or Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry.

I was worried that Italy would never picked up Air Gear (despite being well known in France, Spain, UK, and Germany) until I read this from Animeclick.it. Yamato Video in Italy started to pick up anime titles just last years like beside Air Gear. Claymore was picked up. I'm glad to see Casshern Sins, Gantz, Glass Fleet, Dragonaut, and Kaze No Stigma got picked up for Italy. I also recalled Dynit is streaming Vampire Bund on their Youtube page (which is region locked). My friend moved back to Italy, if Dynit or Yamato Video doesn't pick up Shakugan No Shana, Air, and Kanon I'll buy the Region 1 DVD and mail it to her all the way to Italy (She does have a region 1 DVD player in Italy) and she can speak English fluently so she won't have any problem watching those anime without Italian dub or subs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote
So Italy is focusing on getting the sad story telling, girl animes?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2