• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan Manga Listed in English

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
They also have volume 2 for a release date of April 2011. Very Happy

Both ways, I'm sure Viz got the license to the Manga series. Many manga series I want to buy and own and this is one of them! Anime exclamation
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Viz Media stated in a previous interview, correct me if I'm wrong, that the anime's simulcast was popular; and the very fact that they announced the anime's simulcast seemed to be a subtle indicator of this fact. Thus, I am quite un-surpsrised by this announcement.
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
S&S also lists two new novels from Viz: Mirror Sword and Shadow Prince by: Noriko Ogiwara and Good Luck, Yukikaze by: Chohei Kambayashi.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
Woohoo! I quite like Nurarihyon no Mago. I liked the first episode enough to go and actually track down the scanlations (which I rarely do, since I hate scanlations), and I have to say that the manga is better than the anime. So, getting a proper release of this in English is fantastic (especially since I really don't like reading scanlations). I'll definitely be picking this up. It's a great series. It does suffer somewhat from the typical shounen jump problem of getting better later on rather than starting off really good, but it does get better faster than most.

I also have to say that I really don't understand all of the comparisons that Nurarihyon no Mago has been getting to Inuyasha. Pretty much the only similarity between the two is that they both have main characters who is part demon. They're very much different beasts.

In any case, thanks Viz! This is a great title to have come over. Now if only someone would license the manga verison of Sekirei... Wink
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
Sorry Viz, but I refuse to buy anything from you ever again. It's way too risky to sink money into your anime that you might not even bother finish releasing.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Sorry Viz, but I refuse to buy anything from you ever again. It's way too risky to sink money into your anime that you might not even bother finish releasing.

And what haven't they finished releasing? It's extremely rare that an anime is not completely released by whoever licenses it. It does happen, but it's fairly rare. And refusing to buy stuff from companies is just going to exacerbate the problem. If a title isn't released in its entirety, it's almost certainly because it didn't sell well enough, at which point it's the fault of the consumers as a group rather than the company releasing the title. It just doesn't make sense for a company to release something that is going to lose them money - especially in a bad economy. Even so, unfinishe anime series are rare.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to stop buying the manga they release. Seriously, Viz is different on the Manga side compared to their Anime side. It seems like your just judging Viz as a whole (most likely your one of those Monster fans) when your not even considering the other things that they finished releasing completely.

Also, you said
Hannish Lightning wrote:
sink money into your anime that you might not even bother finish releasing.
How does this relate to this article? Yeah, a series has been picked up from Viz. But it's a MANGA series. So, I don't see why you would mention anything about Anime (This relates back to what I said earlier).

Also, I am a Viz Media Fanboy. Wink
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:

Uh, this is the manga they're releasing here...
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Hannish Lightning wrote:

And what haven't they finished releasing? It's extremely rare that an anime is not completely released by whoever licenses it. It does happen, but it's fairly rare. And refusing to buy stuff from companies is just going to exacerbate the problem. If a title isn't released in its entirety, it's almost certainly because it didn't sell well enough, at which point it's the fault of the consumers as a group rather than the company releasing the title. It just doesn't make sense for a company to release something that is going to lose them money - especially in a bad economy. Even so, unfinishe anime series are rare.

Off the top of my head....Zatch Bell, Blue Dragon, Monster, Full Moon, Zoids, didn't even bother releasing it, Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis, MAR,Megaman NT warrior, Hamtaro, and probably more. And despite low sales other companies will at least finish the series up.

Quote:
How does this relate to this article? Yeah, a series has been picked up from Viz. But it's a MANGA series. So, I don't see why you would mention anything about Anime (This relates back to what I said earlier).

It briefly mentions Viz holds the license of the Nura anime.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
First of all, it is seriously frustrating that Viz does stop releasing a lot of their anime. And when they do, some of them are not hybrid releases and are dub-only with edits like Zatch Bell. That has pissed me off too. However, this is the manga we're talking about.

Hannish Lightning wrote:

That's not exactly new news you know

What we're wondering here is, what does that have to do with the manga? Frustration at the anime is one thing but why the manga? Viz is pretty timely with manga releases.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Quote:

Ah. Well, in a way I doubt they would just drop the Nura Anime series. Why wouldn't they? People are watching the series online at their VizAnime website. Noticing how so many people are watching and enjoying this series, surely sales will be good for the series when released on DVD. Heck, they even have the Manga. So, now they have the Anime, Manga, and Streaming Rights.
boznia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
oooh, I was waiting for this. Very Happy I was hoping for a manga license.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
I'd been a bit puzzled about this actually since I'd found an interview either right before or during comic-con and they all but said they had the manga license but nothing popped up. Weird, but I'm happy especially since I'm not liking the anime as much as I hoped.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
The only manga that Viz legitimately dropped was Kurohime. Everything else, like Zatch Bell, was dropped due to complications in Japan.

Anyway, Nura is a Shonen Jump manga. So yeah.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
The only manga that Viz legitimately dropped was Kurohime. Everything else, like Zatch Bell, was dropped due to complications in Japan.

Anyway, Nura is a Shonen Jump manga. So yeah.

Kurohime was dropped by them because it became an online series soley or something like that and Viz chose not to renew the license.

Since Nura's manga adaption is much better than the anime(I'm enjoying it, but the order of events makes little to no sense to someone who's read it first), I'll be picking it up.

I do hope Viz will soon make an announcement explaining what the heck happened to Reborn and Psyren. Reborn's new volumes aren't listed anywhere other than Rightstuf and Psyren's disapperared all together...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2