• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dubbed Gundam UC #2, Zakuro, Hidan no Aria Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamiangie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit late the party on this realization but i see that NYAV Post is using both of it's studios to record this.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I suppose it's a shame one of the guys who have voiced dub spoiler[Char] in the past (spoiler[Tom Edwards, Michael Kopsa, and David Lucas]) isn't voicing spoiler[Full Frontal] as he is supposed to be some sort of spoiler[a direct copy of Char, a clone or something like that] but I am sure it will be an excellent dub. I am fan of Michelle Ruff's voice work so I am looking forward to hearing her in this!
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Gracie Liz should mention that Keith Silverstein is a near voice clone of Steven Blum aka David Lucas and since that character is spoiler[a clone] it only makes sense. Anyway I just want to report that the voice of Daguza Mackle is incorrect, it is Richard Epcar who is voicing Daguza, it was on Gundam UC's official website in the English Cast, I even asked Epcar himself on Facebook and it is him playing Daguza.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Knowing that it now makes a lot of sense Anime smile
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm looking that much more forward to episode 2 of Gundam Unicorn. I would have chosen Kopsa or Blum to voice Full Frontal, but Silverstein sounds excellent in the role, based on the trailer. Although, it is nearly impossible to compete with Shuichi Ikeda, I'm sure he'll do fine, even in comparison. The English dub of episode 1 was fantastic, so I'm expecting great things for the second.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
OutlawGundam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoyed Gundam 00, I'll always be a UC fanboy and this looks amazing. Sure they didn't get a previous Char voice actor, but they did get the guy who plays Johann from Monster and he sounds great.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Full Frontal's quote in the last seconds of the trailer, is awesome and catchy.

I truly can't wait for the second episode, hoping it lives up to my expectations.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
My anticipation for the second volume of UC grows every time theres more news for it. What sucks is after this volume comes out I'm going to have to start waiting all over again.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
Anyway I just want to report that the voice of Daguza Mackle is incorrect, it is Richard Epcar who is voicing Daguza, it was on Gundam UC's official website in the English Cast, I even asked Epcar himself on Facebook and it is him playing Daguza.

Yes, please correct this in the news article. Stephanie Sheh has mentioned in this post on Mania about the wrong information being spread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1