• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Togainu no Chi, The Bears' School Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I am beyond ecstatic for the Togainu no Chi anime. That promo's badass. Cool
Kayu1111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote
Pocky Monster wrote:
I am beyond ecstatic for the Togainu no Chi anime. That promo's badass. Cool

As am I, but I really want to know how strong the BL content will be, as I didn't see a single hint of it in those promos. It looks cool either way, but let's get real here, if they take a yaoi game and adapt it into something with little or no yaoi in it, the fans are gonna feel shafted. I want the anime industry to throw me a bone already, there's not enough yaoi coming out these days.
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
They just said they wanted to appeal to more than just BL fans; I'm hoping that means it's going to be so awesome open minded people don't care. See Kuroshitsui.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Kayu1111 wrote:
I really want to know how strong the BL content will be, as I didn't see a single hint of it in those promos.
Same here, but to be honest I'm not getting my hopes up that this is an actual BL anime. I'm expecting a pretty tame adaptation, at least in that respect. Maybe it'll just serve to fuel even more doujinshi, if that's even possible, and merchandise (like the recent Akira/Shiki figure reissues).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Kayu1111 wrote:
I really want to know how strong the BL content will be, as I didn't see a single hint of it in those promos.
Same here, but to be honest I'm not getting my hopes up that this is an actual BL anime. I'm expecting a pretty tame adaptation, at least in that respect. Maybe it'll just serve to fuel even more doujinshi, if that's even possible, and merchandise (like the recent Akira/Shiki figure reissues).

I think you're right about it most likely being tame. However, the director said nothing about completely eradicating the BL elements, just making it appeal more to mainstream viewers as gorbal mentioned.

And more Togainu merchandise and doujinshi would be wonderful! I can never get enough of that! Anime hyper

Kayu111 wrote:
It looks cool either way, but let's get real here, if they take a yaoi game and adapt it into something with little or no yaoi in it, the fans are gonna feel shafted.

I agree 100%. But the people who are adapting this know who their target audience is. There's no doubt many of us fans wouldn't be happy if they wiped out all traces of BL elements in the series. Since it's going to be broadcast on TV, the idea of the yaoi scenes being as explicit as the PC game gets thrown out the window, but I'm hoping that it'll at least be at the level of the PS2 adaption (in which it's pretty tame IMO). Okay, it probably won't be, but I'd like to see more than just subtext.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1