• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mirror Sword, 2nd Yukikaze Listed by Viz's Distributor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Good Luck, Yukikaze
Pre-ordering like the fist of the north star!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that Viz's manga section seems to still be doing strongly although I must confess I've never heard of these titles and probably won't buy them.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Glad to see that Viz's manga section seems to still be doing strongly although I must confess I've never heard of these titles and probably won't buy them.

These aren't manga. They're novels.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Mirror sword sounds like a good one I mite pick that one up
LibraryJoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that "Mirror Sword & Shadow Prince" is a sequel to "Dragon Sword and Wind Child." If so.... count me VERY excited!

*hurries off to put the new Ogiwara book on the library to-be-purchased-list*
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:

TRSI just cancelled vol 17 & 18 of Hitman Reborn on me "Per your or manufacturer's request & I sure didn't cancel them so I'm not so sure how solid things are. (actually I buy them for someone else)
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, gushing over here. I've been wanting Noriko Ogiwara's other books since I read Dragon Sword. You can't depend on Tokyopop to bring over the rest of her other series, Good Witch of the West, but Viz is showing an interest in her again, and for that; I LOVE YOU VIZ!

I am SO pre-ordering.
nargun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
... wait, the second rocket girls novel? I was still waiting for the first.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

TRSI just cancelled vol 17 & 18 of Hitman Reborn on me "Per your or manufacturer's request & I sure didn't cancel them so I'm not so sure how solid things are. (actually I buy them for someone else)

Ouch! I feel you. I managed to track down all the volumes of Bastard!! that were released here (including the elusive vol. 12) only to find out right after that Viz apparently canceled it.

And...not to knock any fans, but were Yukikaze and Rocket Girls ever popular enough tojustify releasing the novels here? Viz would rather release these then the rest of Shana?
Panon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Good Luck Yukikaze listed. I had a nagging worry that it might not have been released if the first novel hadn't done well enough.

Definitely a good read compared to Gonzo's botched anime adaption.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
And...not to knock any fans, but were Yukikaze and Rocket Girls ever popular enough tojustify releasing the novels here? Viz would rather release these then the rest of Shana?

I, for one, and glad for it- I adore Yukikaze and will be all over this release like white on rice.

Besides, it's not about popularity, per se, as it is about profitability... the liscensing for these probably isn't as much as it is for more popular shows, so it ends up making decent money despite less sales... and Yukikaze should have appeal outside of the anime community- maybe sales from outside the 'normal' fan base are more substantial than we realize.
lkmjr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard of any of those, but now I definitely think I want to pick at least one of them up. I've been craving some more light novels recently. There really aren't enough being released here, so I've been buying as many as I can.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Ouch! I feel you. I managed to track down all the volumes of Bastard!! that were released here (including the elusive vol. 12) only to find out right after that Viz apparently canceled it.

Reborn ws a title I was buying for someone else.
Bastard--I started with that one in the US 32-page format which so cancelled so I had to wait for the graphic novels to catch up, then they switched from the oversized, flopped version so I had to wait for them to catch up again. Then it went to coming out every 6 months or so & then it just stopped entirely

I see so many people boycotting TP, but pretty much all the publishers (other than Del Rey & Yen that I can think of) have left me hanging on something.
RedTail

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quote
I'd been thinking about buying the first novel since it was announced last year but never did since there was no word on the second. Guess I'll be picking it up now!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
I see so many people boycotting TP, but pretty much all the publishers (other than Del Rey & Yen that I can think of) have left me hanging on something.

I wouldn't boycott TP, but I do hesitate to pick something up from them unless it's finished. From them, I only have all of Fruits Basket and the first 3 Slayers novels. I may pick up Maid-Sama and Hetalia from them as they would probably be ones I'd be okay with reading some with (though I'd prefer the whole thing obviously), and maybe Chibi Vampire (depends on when I finish Karin if I want more of the story).

I'm fairly surprised Reborn got canceled (apparently), I was always worried Gintama would be the first shonen to go if Viz ever started canceling titles in that demographic (which would suck, as I've got up to 19 and don't want to stop). Hopefully this doesn't mean more cancellations to come, and also hopefully Reborn will come back eventually (heck, maybe Viz should consider doing Del Ray's methods of finishing with omnibuses).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2