• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Robot Wars OG, Milky Holmes Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Whoa... we can only hope SRW can keep that kind of quality throughout the entire run of the series. Also I like how they added in the SRW jiggle to the Alt's cockpit. It was kind of cool how it was shaking too and that it fit with the mecha's characteristics.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quote
That promo is excellent hopefully Crunchyroll picks it up, as this series looks really good. Also the part where Alteisen was shaking was really creative as it emphasises how the Alteisen can only be used by ace pilots due to the power it has.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote
That... Was a LOT better than I was expecting. I caught some CG like in the first series but it seemed to be limited to those Shadow Mirror tanks only. Those Gespensts and of course, Weissritter and Alteisen looked AWESOME! And a nice version of Metallic Lone Wolf to go along with the Revolver Spike too! "PIERCE THROUUUUUUGH!!!!" Anime hyper Excellen wasn't as bad as I thought she'd look either. She clearly bounced but it wasn't as distracting as I feared. Her voice does sound a little different, though... Is that just me?

BTW, ANN, you guys said in the article that this was SRW's second TV series... I'm sorry, but as much as we want to forgot the horrors committed against the Cybuster storyline and characters, this is technically TV series #3. :p Unless, of course, we're counting as just the second season of the earlier series, then it would still be the second.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 am Reply with quote
Looked pretty good, but man, was it really necessary to give Angelg giant torpedo boobs and robonipples? That mecha design was ridiculous enough already!

Now, if only Atlus and/or Namco would bring us the rest of the OG games... oh, who am I kidding? Anime cry
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quote
Maybe Funimation should liscense it and put "From the creator of Angel Blade" on it.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote
Oh man, finally took a peek at the site info and wow. Angelg. The little attention to the faux nipples seemed unnesscary. I mean, I like Godannar and I still think the anime version of Angelg seems... wow.

Also, I just be happy with SRW OG PS2 remake. Or a PSN version.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
BTW, ANN, you guys said in the article that this was SRW's second TV series... I'm sorry, but as much as we want to forgot the horrors committed against the Cybuster storyline and characters, this is technically TV series #3. :p Unless, of course, we're counting as just the second season of the earlier series, then it would still be the second.

As linked in the article, Dengeki Hobby Magazine called OG: The Inspector the "second Super Robot Wars television anime" ("Supa-Robo TV Anime Dai-2-dan!") Even ASCII Media Works doesn't count Cybuster as a Super Robot Wars television anime.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Well Cybuster really only has Cybuster and Granzon and share a similar plotline. That and I have a suspicion that sales where barely better than the sales in America.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I looked at the site afterwards... Geez... Angelg still looks ugly... Anime hyper Now, I'm afraid what would happen if they investigated Angelg's origins... How they'd screw up the original Suimarg. Especially since it actually HAS a breast related attack... -_- And what the hell's up with Axel's nose?! What, is that the reason he's evil? Did Brad get an "evil" nose job, so he changed his name to Axel Almer and became evil? Anime hyper

Egan: They can deny the past but the past is something that cannot remain burried...! Anime hyper Really! People always remember the stupidest thing you did, no matter how you try to draw attention away from it. Anime hyper

Knight: I've never seen it but from the episode titles and descriptions, I'm pretty sure all FOUR Elemental Lords were there and at least Yanlong, I think. No Valcione, though. Or familiars, either.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quote
BTW, has it been confirmed whether this will be the full OG2 package or will they just focus on some characters and parts of the story? If it's the latter, then I'm kinda surprised they decided to include the Inspectors, because they would be the first guys I'd cut.

Fingers crossed for Octo Squad and the rest of the Agressors!
RedLeader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:39 am Reply with quote
Don't know yet... Hopefully, it'll be full coverage, though. I'm particularly looking forward to them doing Dygenguard's intro and hoping they do it just like the game. Anime hyper "Episode 30? What does THAT mean?!" Anime hyper
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
Don't know yet... Hopefully, it'll be full coverage, though. I'm particularly looking forward to them doing Dygenguard's intro and hoping they do it just like the game. Anime hyper "Episode 30? What does THAT mean?!" Anime hyper

Yeah, OG2 was just full of awesome stuff like that. Somehow they just managed to make it so much better than OG1 even though the gameplay was basically the same. I'm currently working my way through OGs, almost done with the OG1 portion (ugh, ep. 41 is such a drag...).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1