• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Scotland Fest to Debut Trigun, One Piece, Haruhi Films

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robo-ky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
guess i'ma start saving up for a plane ticket to scotland, geez they get redline before us (USA) wtf? i mean at least we know trigun is going to get a proper dvd release here but man the wait is killing me. I've been counting down the days until i can cross these four movies off my list: trigun, redline, king of thorn, and gundam00 trailblazer (ya i know don't make fun of me for liking gundam00)
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Strong World is premiering in Scotland before the US! Man! Is Toei still angry about the whole hacked episode thing from last year? Because Funi still hasn't announced any license for it (or any other before or after 8).
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:41 pm Reply with quote
robo-ky wrote:
guess i'ma start saving up for a plane ticket to scotland, geez they get redline before us (USA) wtf? i mean at least we know trigun is going to get a proper dvd release here but man the wait is killing me. I've been counting down the days until i can cross these four movies off my list: trigun, redline, king of thorn, and gundam00 trailblazer (ya i know don't make fun of me for liking gundam00)

I was able to catch a screening of King of Thorn at AnimeFest here in Dallas, with the director there as well. It was an amazingly well made movie, a bit heavy on cg, and the ending was a bit unresolved, but overall, good.
Darkpollo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I would really love to watch the Haruhi movie again. I loved it. Very Happy I think they will bring a strong set of Anime.
robo-ky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
yeah emma i remember that hacked episode being a big deal and kinda screwed up the whole simulcasting thing they were doin. i didn't keep up with the story though and there are much more die-hard one piece fans than me, but hey if Funi managed to license all 13 DBZ movies i'm sure they'll get all 10 One Piece movies, just not sure how long it'll take'em
robo-ky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
word otaku teahouse that's good news and lucky u! i'm glad it seems the movie does the manga justice
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
...Scotland sounds really awesome
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote
Glasgow's an hour on the train from me, think I might just check this out. Smile
x20mar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:52 am Reply with quote
Actually The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is the European premiere
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quote
Summer Wars (only) will also be playing in Dundee on the 22nd of October as part of Scotland Loves Anime, within another film festival at Dundee.
theshillito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:52 am Reply with quote
Also, the Haruhi movie is only showing at the Edinburgh weekend, not at Glasgow. I booked my tickets last night Anime smile

The article also didn't mention that there will be various guests introducing the movies (such as Jonathan Clements) as well as some extra short films and discussion groups (including a subs vs. dubs debate).

lovesanimation.com has the details.
Youtwo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
Just got tickets to Glasgow and Edinburgh since I'm a hour on the train from both.

Going alone sadly but should be fun none the less.

Cant wait, glad to be scottish :d
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yay for living in Edinburgh. Might have to check out some of these Smile
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
robo-ky wrote:
guess i'ma start saving up for a plane ticket to scotland, geez they get redline before us (USA) wtf?

The reactions on the very few occasions we get anything ahead of the US never fail to.. I'm not sure if I'm amused or annoyed to be honest. It already screened at the BFI's Anime Weekend in London back in May.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Brack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Strong World is premiering in Scotland before the US! Man! Is Toei still angry about the whole hacked episode thing from last year? Because Funi still hasn't announced any license for it (or any other before or after 8).

I doubt that has anything to do with Strong World showing in Scotland. Far more likely that it's down to the fact Toei have a European office (TOEI Animation Europe S.A.S.).

They were responsible for showing it at Annecy, and while I don't know for sure they are involved here, it seems far more likely than it being shown to snub Funimation and the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2