• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams 1st Durarara!! DVD-Only Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
About damn time.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
About damn time.

Isn't the wait for the episode completely justified? What special value does a "DVD-Only" episode have if it is immediately streamed? Even if it isn't streamed in Japan a wait on the special episode seems completely prudent to me. Hopefully they do more of this. Eventually host the Sora no Woto DVD episodes, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
machetecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
OMG YAY!! I'm heading over to watch it now! I've been stoked to see this episode for awhile! ♥
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Crunchyroll. <3
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
About damn time.

Isn't the wait for the episode completely justified? What special value does a "DVD-Only" episode have if it is immediately streamed? Even if it isn't streamed in Japan a wait on the special episode seems completely prudent to me. Hopefully they do more of this. Eventually host the Sora no Woto DVD episodes, etc.

CR announced back in the spring that they would stream it the day it came out in Japan which was just over a month ago. Hence the annoyance, and I'm quite happy to see it, more van gang antics are always welcome in my book.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
About damn time.

CR announced back in the spring that they would stream it the day it came out in Japan which was just over a month ago. Hence the annoyance, and I'm quite happy to see it, more van gang antics are always welcome in my book.

CR announced back in the spring that they would stream the first Soranowoto DVD episode the day it came out in Japan which was just over three months ago. However, they have shown no movement towards doing so.

I actually contacted their customer support about it and got back this reply on July 12th:

Quote:
Hello again,

It seems that the Publisher didn't send us the video so we could release it on the same day as it was released in Japan and we were not aware that this extra episode was going to be released in the middle. So we are working to straighten this out and get the episode on the site as soon as we can. We are also doing what we can to ensure that we receive the next extra episode on time.

Best of Luck,

And the last episode came out on R2 DVD earlier this month. It's not like I'm losing too much sleep over it, since they'll be on R1 DVD sometime in 2011. It's just that that's a very long wait (and Soranowoto is definitely my favorite show of the year, probably this and last year). And it's somewhat disappointing since CR failed to live up to something they said they'd do.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
CR announced back in the spring that they would stream the first Soranowoto DVD episode the day it came out in Japan which was just over three months ago. However, they have shown no movement towards doing so.

Perhaps you don't follow your own forum thread in Crunchyroll, the latest reply in it says:
Quote:
Last I heard, we should be getting them in October.

The thread was about both Durarara 12.5 and the Sora no Woto epilogue, but ... uh, doesn't the release of Durarara 12.5 kind of show movement toward getting the masters and getting them subtitled and released?
Drunk_Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Well so much for being DVD "only".
Orange Hollow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quote
Wow, great news! Of course, they don't stream Durarara in my country, but anyway, thank you Crunchyroll! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1