• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai's 2nd Season Listed for April 2011

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
jumping the gun a bit there arn't they? lol

i heard the manga is good tho so if they follow that then i guess S1 should do well enough for 2nd season to be worth making
uicno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I believe this is the first time ever a second season is announced before the first episode of the first season even aired..if I'm wrong then please do correct me but I can't remember any other similar case
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Jesus that was quick.
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
This worries me. Mangalobe is also supposed to be airing Deadman Wonderland in April. I'd rather not see it take a possible drop in quality due to them working on multiple series at a time(it must be EPIC!!!).
niiica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Well this is good news. Though I would've preferred to watch the first episode at least before hearing that there's going to be a second season lol.
TJR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
uicno wrote:
I believe this is the first time ever a second season is announced before the first episode of the first season even aired..if I'm wrong then please do correct me but I can't remember any other similar case

Well, this is actually more of a leak (from a toy manufacturer) than an announcement. I believe the official position is that DVD sales will determine how many episodes are made, although we now know that it's a bit of a lie.

Anyway, like many recent series, this is actually a 24-26 episode project split into two broadcasting sweeps.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
This worries me. Mangalobe is also supposed to be airing Deadman Wonderland in April. I'd rather not see it take a possible drop in quality due to them working on multiple series at a time(it must be EPIC!!!).

I need a source for this. And I swear to god if someone gives me Wikipedia, I'm going to lose it.
Leebo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Divineking wrote:

I need a source for this. And I swear to god if someone gives me Wikipedia, I'm going to lose it.

I found this, but it seems like a sketchy site... Wink

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-30/deadman-wonderland-manga-gets-anime-green-lit
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Jarmel wrote:
Divineking wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-30/deadman-wonderland-manga-gets-anime-green-lit

I was already aware the show had been green lit, last time I heard they hadn't announced a studio. I did some digging and it does seem that it is Manglobe.
Leebo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Leebo wrote:
Jarmel wrote:
Divineking wrote:

I was already aware the show had been green lit, last time I heard they hadn't announced a studio. I did some digging and it does seem that it is Manglobe.

Well, the article does get you to the page here devoted to the show... which lists Manglobe and an April start date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1