• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-10-06

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
It's like when two mirrors are facing each other - YOU CAN SEE INFINITY. Shocked
cheesechimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of the old Perry Bible Fellowship with Hug Bot...
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Hugs can destroy the universe?! To protect the world, I shall never hug again Anime cry
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
Hugs can destroy the universe?! To protect the world, I shall never hug again Anime cry

You can hug, just don't give them away for free!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Although I did like the comic, I didn't really get the joke. The otaku themed woman meets another person who is offering free hugs as well and that causes mayhem?

Good comic though Robin, I just don't comprehend the overal message. However, if one were to use serious analytical thinking on this piece, the message may indeed be conveyed in a complete rational answer thereon reducing the possibility of incomprehension of this work.

Using such means may indeed be pivotal to finding a conclusive answer to the message of this article.
Pokedpoker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I love people who give out free hugs Anime smile
Jure

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't usually coment this comic but this one was simply brilliant.
Xenockky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
lol fantastic, yet baffling xD
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Although I did like the comic, I didn't really get the joke. The otaku themed woman meets another person who is offering free hugs as well and that causes mayhem?

Good comic though Robin, I just don't comprehend the overal message. However, if one were to use serious analytical thinking on this piece, the message may indeed be conveyed in a complete rational answer thereon reducing the possibility of incomprehension of this work.

Using such means may indeed be pivotal to finding a conclusive answer to the message of this article.

You say what?

Anyway, a fun comic, though normally these guys just gather in a group and nag at people :/ (at least from what I've seen) My dad felt really uncomfortable when he took me and my little brother to a convention in London and all these young teenage girls kept asking him for free hugs. It creeped me out too really...
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
My god, it's sort of like the ending of Southland Tales!!

...was I the only who saw that movie
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

You say what?

Anyway, a fun comic, though normally these guys just gather in a group and nag at people :/ (at least from what I've seen) My dad felt really uncomfortable when he took me and my little brother to a convention in London and all these young teenage girls kept asking him for free hugs. It creeped me out too really...

Ah, I think I get where you are coming at. I am not at all surprized that you found it creepy and your dad wasn't at ease. I would feel the exact same way, especially if they weren't 18 or older and didn't know if they were indeed women and not men dressed as women.

Not even I could make that situation non awkward or not at all creepy. You'd think they would ask people their own age for such trivialities, but to each their own. But asking a complete and total stranger for a hug is just plain strange. Asking for the time is one thing, but past that can get a bit much.

So how did your Father handle the situation at the time? It's a pretty uncomfortable situation, especially if your kids are around to see it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I like the Free Hug movement, but it doesn't fit a con well.

It's an idea to lift the spirits of others with a simple unselfish act, but, while occasionally frustrating, cons aren't normally places where people need a hug. An attendee is already probably psyched and happy to be at the place they chose to be.

People don't tend to like to be solicited with an unneeded product.

So I guess the idea of the comic is that these two, who never get a hug at a con, suddenly upset the fabric of time/space with the unatural act of a "free hug" actually being given.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Such things are banned at Anime Boston, so thankfully at least one con is doing its part to save the universe from implosion! And I approve of their stance.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I... What?? I think you're over analyzing the comic...
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
The implosion creates a singularity within the void. And then that infinitely small point containing everything in the universe feels kind of lonely. It looks around and see's another tiny point nearby. Overcome by emotion the singularity leaps forth and glomps its neighbor -- the resulting explosion became known as The Big Bang II. After billions on years a small planet forms around an average star in an average corner of an average galaxy. Slowly the little blue sphere develops more and more complex forms of life until the planet is crawling with Otaku! Our story begins on a small island in the northern hemisphere, where our hero, a young boy named ___ has just woken from a full night's rest...

Great comic Robin -- it get's the mind up and active! lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3