• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Season Preview... with trailers?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
It's almost time for the Fall season previews, have you ever thought about linking to promos/trailers of the shows as part of the preview? Between official sites and youtube videos there are usually one or two available at review time. It'd be really nice to see a bit of a reference to the show apart from screencaps.

That or make it a different feature. I like the separate announcements of trailers in the news feed but it'd also be nice if there were a place where promotional videos were collected.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I like the idea of this. Even if it's just a page linked to off of the "[Insert Season Here] Preview", that has a list of trailers to watch.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
interesting (and good) idea.

I think maybe we can work it into this:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime/upcoming/tv

We'd need to create an encyclopedia field for trailers not hosted by ANN. The problem here is that we can't link to unofficially posted trailers on YouTube and such, so it may have to be a staff-only field (because the public will link to illegitimate trailers).

I've shown this to Dan. Unfortunately he is super busy so I wouldn't expect it this season. Perhaps I'll ask the news team to create a trailer list for now.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

We'd need to create an encyclopedia field for trailers not hosted by ANN. The problem here is that we can't link to unofficially posted trailers on YouTube and such, so it may have to be a staff-only field (because the public will link to illegitimate trailers).

You can just link to where the trailers are posted officially. Nearly all shows will stream the trailers on their own JP sites, or maybe on Nico Nico Douga or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1