• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 am Reply with quote
If you give Shin-chan a chance, it's really funny. Of course humor is subjective, but at least give it a couple episodes without using the Evil Purist Eye (dun dun duuuuun).

As for me, my buying for this month has begun and started with heading over to Deep Discount:

Lucky Star complete collection $22

I decided to just get the complete collection and put that in my box since the singles are pretty expensive when they're bought separately. If I can find a good deal then I'll get em', but until then I just wanted to get the rest of the show ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Multitasking Monday pickups!

Canaan Complete Collection
He is My Master Complete Collection
Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens Complete Collection
Maria-Holic DVD Complete Collection
Otoboku: Maidens Are Falling For Me Complete Collection
Moldiver Complete Collection
Strike Witches Complete Collection
Iczer Reborn

Manga:

Evangelion: Rising Shinji Ikari Project Vol 4 and 5
Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Vol 1

Surprising pickups....wasn't planning it.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
First I bought any anime in a while.

Just snagged myself the Slayers season 1-3 boxset for...for about $5. Anime hyper Hallelujah for FYE deals.
silencer226

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Crap... my finger accidentally hit the purchase button on Amazon.com again, need to send the thing to rehab or something...

Soul Eater Part 2 and vol. 1 and 2 of the Soul Eater manga.

Definitely done until next year, nothing else (excluding my preorders for this month) interests me.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
First I bought any anime in a while.

Just snagged myself the Slayers season 1-3 boxset for...for about $5. Anime hyper Hallelujah for FYE deals.

Wow thats an amazing deal! that set is usually $60 or so. I only got the first season because I got it used and was $7 but the 1st three seasons for $5 is insane.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Package came today.
    Manga
  • Astral Project V.1-4
  • Dorothea V.1-6
  • Orfina V.7
    Live-Action
  • Kamikaze Girls

I hope someone picks up Orfina eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I have quite the old school order today. Some of these are probably older than a good bit of the people on this board (oldest is 19 years old, one younger than me). And if anyone here pays attention to my posts, they'd know I LOVE old school anime, so I'm just in heaven.

GoHastings:
Dragon Half (17 yrs)
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland (15 yrs)
Demon Fighter Kocho (13 yrs)
Kekko Kamen (19 yrs)
Elfen Lied volume 2-4
To Heart volume 1

$40

Old school for the win. The first four are shows I've heard of over the years, but haven't gotten around to yet. They're mostly there because they sound ridiculous and have reputations that say as much as well, so yea, I'll probably love them. To Heart is apparently the show that started the Moe Boom(?), so that's certainly interesting. I also watched a couple episodes about a year ago and thought it was alright. I watched Elfen Lied years ago and am a little ashamed it's taken me this long to finally buy it. I didn't get the box this time around because my November is pretty small, making it easy to squeeze in there.

Amazon:
Kite/Kite Liberator (12 yrs)
To Heart volume 2

$20

Honestly, I don't remember how or when Kite hit my radar, but it sounds interesting. I think it's the whole "little girl brutally murdering people" thing it has going on that's got me curious.

Rightstuf:
Maze OVA (14 yrs)
Ninja Nonsense LE collection
To Heart volume 3
To Heart volume 4 + box
Welcome to the NHK art box

$54

I believe I discovered Maze through the Character Guessing game we have. Someone posted an interesting photo, I checked it out, loved the summary. Ninja Nonsense is a show I saw early in my fandom and is one of the funnier shows I've seen to this day. It's not quite top tier like School Rumble or Ghost Stories, but I'd rank it with the likes of Maria Holic and Desert Punk, which is still quite respectable in my book. I just got the NHK art box because I'm getting the S.A.V.E. next month. I'd get all the singles, but the [expletive] 6th volume is crazy expensive and just not worth it, especially since I haven't seen it or have any nostalgic feelings for it.

Ebay:
Magic User's Club: The Magic Book (14 yrs)

$25

Magic User's Club is another show that I somehow became curious about from the multiple times I've heard about it. It sounds interesting and uses NYAV Post for it's dub, and that's always a positive in my book. Plus, I found it for $25 when it normally goes for about 50+ and I obviously couldn't turn that down. However, I can't say I'm happy that MB decided to use that crappy giant-brick packaging ADV used to use for Nadesico and Princess Nine ages ago, but I suppose I'll live.

I still have the Tears to Tiara BD and Canaan BD that I plan on adding at the end of the month once reviews for them have come out so I know if it's worth getting them over their DVD counterparts. While I may have just added 13 shows (including T2T and Canaan) to my already large backlog, I did also manage to take a sizable chunk out of my To-Buy list, and that's sweet music to my ears.

EDIT: So I just realized that ADV released the Elfen Lied art box with Volume 2 and not Volume 1 like I had originally thought. So this means I have to buy a copy of Volume 1 and I'll end up with an extra copy of Volume 2 when I get the box. Stupid ADV and them releasing the art boxes with the second volume and not the first.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
A package came in the mail today, filled with tons of goodies...

Toradora! Volume 2
Ghost Hound Completely Collection Blu-ray
X'amd Collection 1 Blu-ray

I'm so excited to sit down and watch these. Very Happy
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote
My anime/manga collection is WAY behind! Focusing too much on LE games that have been coming out (Ys, Atelier Rorona, Castlevania, etc), and old promo artbooks/soundtracks (Xenosaga, Metal Gear Solid, Blazblue, etc). Been focusing ALOT on the hard to come by things.

I'm thinking of putting in a large order in TRSI once there's a manga sale up, preferably Viz/Del Ray. I'm just... tired of walking into Borders seeing kids reading through books, stretching the covers, ruining them, and I just feel the need to contribute for those who don't leech in stores Anime hyper

Does Rightstuf ever have Black Friday sales? I cannot remember if there was one last year. I do know of the Decemeber Christmas bundles though.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I bought from Walmart today.

Fullmetal Alchemist Veridian Collection 1 episodes 1 - 25 for $19.96

I received in the mail today.

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya & Nyoron! Churuya-san Vol 1
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Whoa the FMA Viridian is only $20 at Walmart?? I don't think I've seen any around my local ones... Maybe worth checking out! Doesn't the original collection come with collector books in them? Couldn't find details on TRSI.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Does Rightstuf ever have Black Friday sales? I cannot remember if there was one last year. I do know of the Decemeber Christmas bundles though.

While my memory is terrible, I'm pretty sure they do. Even though I'm not 100% sure, I don't know why they wouldn't since every other retail site does.

Sheleigha wrote:
Whoa the FMA Viridian is only $20 at Walmart?? I don't think I've seen any around my local ones... Maybe worth checking out! Doesn't the original collection come with collector books in them? Couldn't find details on TRSI.

Yes, the first season sets (not the quarter, the halves) have the collector books.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:

Yeah I figured why not since I have never seen the first release of this series.. Its even cheaper than it is on Right Stuf with the sale going on.

I was actually looking around to see if I could find some of the Soul Eater sets for $10 each. But they didn't have any.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Sheleigha wrote:

Yes, the first season sets (not the quarter, the halves) have the collector books.

Hmmmm cheaper price vs collector books... I think I'll wait on that >_> I hate missing out on collectable things like that.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:30 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

To Heart is apparently the show that started the Moe Boom(?), so that's certainly interesting.

I though To Heart was the show that started the robot maid robot in a dating sims?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 580 of 1400