• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Liked the music more than the anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyeresist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
Shadowvitesse62 wrote:
Oh, and the piece de resistance: Gundam Seed Destiny. Even if the OP/EDs seemed like they were derived from Gundam Seed, at least Tanaka Rie's performance in Meer Campbell's music was exquisite. And there's not much else to like in Destiny especially since I did enjoy Seed...

I'm not sure what you mean here. I found Destiny's music pretty forgettable, certainly not as good as the great music for Seed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
I didn't think that I would write in this thread, but upon reading it I agree that I actually liked the music .hack//SIGN and some of the others in the series above the anime itself. Don't get me wrong I liked parts of the show, but the music was supurb, I usually haven't been very savy in likeing or even noticing the music, but .hack//SIGN and rest has been one of the series that I would notice the great back ground music playing over everything else. (a personal favourite is the song "In The Land Of Twilight Under The Moon")
Shadowvitesse62

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
eyeresist wrote:
Shadowvitesse62 wrote:
Oh, and the piece de resistance: Gundam Seed Destiny. Even if the OP/EDs seemed like they were derived from Gundam Seed, at least Tanaka Rie's performance in Meer Campbell's music was exquisite. And there's not much else to like in Destiny especially since I did enjoy Seed...

I'm not sure what you mean here. I found Destiny's music pretty forgettable, certainly not as good as the great music for Seed.

I meant that GSD is the anime that fits best into this category- I found the music overall average at best, though a few of the OPs/EDs (Life Goes On, Pride, and Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru) were pretty good. But I really enjoyed the two songs that Tanaka Rie sang as Meer Campbell, Emotion and Quiet Night CE73, even if her character is merely living a lie. Heck, I even have Emotion as my ring tone for SMS.

And then of course the anime was utter rubbish, from the uber-OOC old characters, Shinn Asuka's attitude, Stella's utterly awful dialogue, uninspiring art and designs, and vague, choppy plot.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, the first thing that comes to mind given the topic is Devil May Cry. It has some rockin' instrumentals like Lynch's Mob, and Blue Rose which are awesome, however, the series isn't that great. I'd also put Neon Genesis Evangelion in the same category though I'd probably get crucified for that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
My vote is for the opening and closing of Ah My Buddah. The acoustic guitar work is really outstanding over high-fidelity headphones. I have to wonder how many times the music director rolled his eyes when he was forced to realize what kind of production he was associated with.
Stark-L

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote
I had a few, but mostly it wasnt the whole serires it would only be like to first few ones i watched. But i also do enjoy the music when im not watching the anime. But in the end i would always come but to the anime v .s.'s most of the music.
CanadianCrippler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
There are some awesome shows (such as Slayers IMO) that Megumi sings the themes to, but if you really think about it, there are no really awesome, kicking Megumi Hayashibara songs. She's a great singer and all but none of her songs really stands out.

Midnight Blue stands out, to me at least.
ace-of-roses

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
hell girl/jigoku shoujo. gosh it took a lot to go through all the episodes. but even though i was curious to the finish and some episodes were enjoyable, the music kicked ass
Vracer111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the music from Aquarion (some nice Yoko Kanno pieces), but as for the series, not so much liking going on there...
Syntelle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I've only come across one show like this and that would be Air TV. :/ Sure, it has a fantastic music score but...wtf is going on in this show? o_o;
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I love "Telescope" by Sleepin' Johnny Fish, but I find Happy Lesson to be mediocre.

Harem comedies -- bleh!
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Beck and K-ON.

These two shows I can say I love the music more than the show itself. Even though I like the shows themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tachibana Hirou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Mostly liked in anime and music that doesn't mean going abandoned my likes. Mostly the song of Shin Seiki GPX Cyber Formula because brings me fiery with passion! Cool Well that is all. Rolling Eyes
bakabakadeshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote
quite out of topic, but how come ANN hasn't reported yet about K-ON LIVE EVENT 2?? it's been announced last oct. 25th.
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
Bleach. As much as everything after Soul Society is a trainwreck, the show does have a pretty good OST.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5