• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cat Sh*t One's U.S. DVD/BD Planned for December

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaltran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder what the price point will be for this when it reaches amazon.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote
zaltran wrote:
I wonder what the price point will be for this when it reaches amazon.

Especially since it is basically the same thing over in Japan, released around the same time...

If it aint at least close to the Japanese price, they would all reverse-import it.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
doing everything for themselves, and not use a site like rightstuff.com, this could turn out to be a huge success, or an utter failure on their part, for wanting to do everything themselves.

I wish more anime companies in japen would at least add subtitles to their blu-ray releases, then I can buy shows, when they are first released in japan, instead of hoping it will get licensed in america
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote
It's amazing that this is coming over. Funny that they restored the original title.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:14 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
It's amazing that this is coming over. Funny that they restored the original title.
The manga that was brought over was set in Vietnam, hence Apocalypse Meow. This one is set in a Middle Eastern war, so that doesn't quite fit.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
It's amazing that this is coming over.

yeah, when was the last time someone went to such lengths over a pilot episode?
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely gonna save up the money to buy this. It's not often a Japanese company is willing to give something english subtitles, let alone an english dub AND release it in another country.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
You know I'm wondering, who's going to be the English voice for all the character in this CG anime. I would like to see the voice actor/actresses for this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Awww only the ONE episode for it though I'm assuming? Now it feels like a Japanese OVA release >_>
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
The manga that was brought over was set in Vietnam, hence Apocalypse Meow. This one is set in a Middle Eastern war, so that doesn't quite fit.

"Restored" doesn't quite sound right, either. Have the Japanese _ever_ called it anything else? I was under the impression that the changed title was almost entirely ADV's fault (likely with Japanese approval). Was the title forced on ADV?
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
I'm definitely gonna save up the money to buy this. It's not often a Japanese company is willing to give something english subtitles, let alone an english dub AND release it in another country.

I hope that there are english subtitles on the disc, but they're not being mentioned so far. Maybe the dub will work well enough. The dub actor names mean nothing to me, and seem to mean nothing to ANN either, since the names don't link to the encyclopedia.
AnimeCornerStore
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
doing everything for themselves, and not use a site like rightstuff.com...

Who? You mean a site like RACS... Smile

Quote:
this could turn out to be a huge success, or an utter failure on their part, for wanting to do everything themselves.

Fail. Too bad really. I imagine it's to set the price point similar to the Japanese release (i.e. very high).

Bob (aka Robert)
President
The Anime Corner Store
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
I hope that there are english subtitles on the disc, but they're not being mentioned so far. Maybe the dub will work well enough. The dub actor names mean nothing to me, and seem to mean nothing to ANN either, since the names don't link to the encyclopedia.

Or to IMDB. Can't find anything on these guys. I worry it'll be one of those hideous dubs produced in Japan directed by a guy who barely knows English and the voice cast is from the one talent agency that handles all the gaijin. I've yet to see a single good (or even student film level passable) performance out of that arrangement.

Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of the OVA anyway, so I guess I'll just check out the YouTube link once it's up.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Ingraman wrote:

Or to IMDB. Can't find anything on these guys. I worry it'll be one of those hideous dubs produced in Japan directed by a guy who barely knows English and the voice cast is from the one talent agency that handles all the gaijin. I've yet to see a single good (or even student film level passable) performance out of that arrangement.

Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of the OVA anyway, so I guess I'll just check out the YouTube link once it's up.

It looks like Will Prescott and Tom Flynn are members of The Greater Good. Of course, I could have found the wrong people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greater_Good_(comedy_group)

http://www.greatergoodcomedy.com/
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
It looks like Will Prescott and Tom Flynn are members of The Greater Good. Of course, I could have found the wrong people.

While you might have found the wrong people, it seems unlikely. I wonder how they got attached to this project... Maybe we'll get a Funi-like comedy dub! ^_^;;

Good dub or bad dub, I'll still keep my fingers crossed for english subtitles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2