• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Did we just get another unnannounced Sentai delay?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:59 am Reply with quote
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Might be just a mistake on their part. TRSI marks it as in stock and available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd trust Rightstuf who actually specializes in anime over these big chain retailers who carry a million different things.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah TRSI has a copy reserved for my order. Im just waiting for them to ship it out.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Another store: http://www.fye.com/Canaan--Complete-Collection--2-Discs---Blu-ray--Front-Page_stcVVproductId111588594VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

This one is listed as "Out of Stock." This is just way too damn weird.

ikillchicken wrote:
Yeah, I'd trust Rightstuf who actually specializes in anime over these big chain retailers who carry a million different things.

TSRI - One store.
Amazon, Best Buy, Fry's, FYE - Four stores. Four stores who have been specializing in home entertainment for like a decade.

Somehow, I really don't think TSRI holds up higher than any of them in terms of stock credibility. Especially considering that they once completely failed to notify me of a Geass release delay a long time ago - after it was bought and paid for. A delay I learned through Amazon and Best Buy.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Somehow, I really don't think TSRI holds up higher than any of them in terms of stock credibility. Especially considering that they once completely failed to notify me of a Geass release delay a long time ago - after it was bought and paid for. A delay I learned through Amazon and Best Buy.

A couple things I've noticed with TRSI:

They only use "Reserved for Your Order" (like what jmfsilenthill said) if they actually have the stock in their warehouse and waiting to ship. Otherwise it says, "On order from manufacturer."

They don't charge you until the item ships. So I don't know what happened with your Code Geass order, but they never charge me until the item is on its way to me.

They may have been late in notifying you re: the delay; that has happened a couple of times when I place orders for out of print items. Sometimes I check back and notice an item has been cancelled without notice, which is somewhat frustrating, but then I just go elsewhere and look for it.

Maybe the other places just placed their orders late, like some big chains do, since they don't care so much about anime? This is what happened with Borders and B&N with Scott Pilgrim; many were not prepared for the volume 6 release because they just didn't realize it was a big ticket item. A lot of stores did not have it in stock in time for the release date.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Rightstuf has apparently started shipping copies:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=103318&page=3
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
John Casey wrote:

A couple things I've noticed with TRSI:

They only use "Reserved for Your Order" (like what jmfsilenthill said) if they actually have the stock in their warehouse and waiting to ship. Otherwise it says, "On order from manufacturer."

They don't charge you until the item ships. So I don't know what happened with your Code Geass order, but they never charge me until the item is on its way to me.

They may have been late in notifying you re: the delay; that has happened a couple of times when I place orders for out of print items. Sometimes I check back and notice an item has been cancelled without notice, which is somewhat frustrating, but then I just go elsewhere and look for it.

Maybe the other places just placed their orders late, like some big chains do, since they don't care so much about anime? This is what happened with Borders and B&N with Scott Pilgrim; many were not prepared for the volume 6 release because they just didn't realize it was a big ticket item. A lot of stores did not have it in stock in time for the release date.

I'm also not too keen on what the hell happened with my Code Geass order. All I got was a shipping notification - not a confirmation when they charged me. Two days later, I learn that it was delayed by about a month.

As for other stories getting their stuff in late... Dude, four stores is way too many for just a simple "late pickup." Amazon going through that is just flat out unrealistic. And Best Buy is always up to date with their online stone. I've learned they're more obsessed with punctuality than shipping quality.

Something about this whole thing just doesn't smell right, and I'm frankly peeved absolutely no one knows anything about it, and Sentai is doing nothing to address it. An e-mail from Amazon is telling me they're still on track with the delivery - even though the shipping date has already been missed by a whole day - when I pre-ordered, it was supposed to ship out yesterday. Emailing FYE, they tell me that they have run out of stock... Which we all know is flat-out bullshit, and calling the three local FYE stores in my area, they're all telling me that they were expecting it today, but it still hasn't arrived. Best-Buy, no replies. Local store in my area says they might not be carrying the Blu-Ray, but haven't checked, and the DVDs haven't arrived yet. And, of course, we have the 2-month shipping thing from Amazon.

doubleO7 wrote:
Rightstuf has apparently started shipping copies:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=103318&page=3

That's just a general notification - not a confirmation. Unless I see a cut-and-dry email confirmation from TSRI from someone, I'm convinced that they're something funny going on with the Blu-Ray release.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I think JC could be onto something because Walmart, RACS, Buy.com and several other places list it as Backordered, Out of Stock, or still up for pre-order.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Exactly. And you can't even email Sentai about it since their shit email system doesn't even work. They could at least fix it. Sad

It'd be super if there was a representative on here, but I don't think there is...

MINIONS! Figure something out. >_>
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Ok, why don't we just go ahead and say it's a delay similar to the FoNS Blu ray. Maybe just the bd is delayed because the dvd sure as hell isn't . (People have actually been complaining about subtitle glitches on the dvd version, I hope this isn't happening with the BD as well Shocked ).
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm noticing the DVD version is in stock at most online stores. Locations on the other hand still haven't received any.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
This may or may not be related to the delay of the Canaan blu-ray, but on the AoD Glitch forum there's a thread talking about how with the Canaan DVD theres a major subtitling error on the eighth episode.

Just thought this should get mentioned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3