• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Votoms Videos, New Shinbo/Shaft Anime Image Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I love VOTOMS, best robot anime there is.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Look at that silhouette. Clearly a Princess Tutu spin-off, folks.

In all seriousness, it does look like some sort of dancer's outfit, what with the bows on the shoes and whatnot. I'm at least curious to see what it's about, even if Shinbo isn't exactly my favorite director.
XXghostface

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.
bakabakadeshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
i believe MAGICAL GIRL is the title of the anime where that silhouette is from. i heard from somewhere.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
XXghostface wrote:
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.

Probably a side-story, just like Mellowlink.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well that PV for Case;Irvine put to rest any worries I might have had based on it's new character designs by Studio 6. It looks intense.

And as usual with Sunrise OVA's these days the visuals go without saying for all 3 of the new OVA's....but I'll say it anyway....HOLY ****! Shocked
Frazmataz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
XXghostface wrote:

Finder looks like it should be set sometime in the future relative to the main VOTOMS storyline, if the AT designs are anything to go buy...
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The characters in Case;Irvine look so much like a genderswap of My-HiME's, it's hilarious (hehehe..."Guy Mai" Laughing). I guess Hirokazu Hisayuki/Sunrise couldn't resist themselves, but hey, at least we get another opportunity to see his great design work at play. I like both that and Votoms, so hopefully they will make a good fit together.

As for Shinbo/SHAFT+Nitroplus, it sounds like it could be a formidable mix, but I'll hold my breath until I see more. If it's "magical girl" or something out-of-left-field, it could peak my interests more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Frazmataz wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
XXghostface wrote:

Finder looks like it should be set sometime in the future relative to the main VOTOMS storyline, if the AT designs are anything to go buy...

I believe they're all set after Phantom and Shining Heresy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1