• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - The Arisa Code

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to hear where Nightschool has gone. I read chapter one in that first issue of Yen Plus way back when, but never got into the volume releases.

In general though, I'm down for 400-page encyclopedias crammed with background information. Never thought the story would get that complicated!

Oh and the review of Star of the (San Francisco) Giants was pitch-perfect.
Sandstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
Is there any point in buying Arisa, with Kondansha taking over Del Ray's titles? Should I just wait to see if they continue this before I buy the first volume?
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote
Bahahahahhahaha Anime hyper Giants Fan Much? GO GIANTS!. And Molina you lucky punk, you get a ring either way

Lots of new series, fun to see. Makes for ideas to pick up something new with Honey and Clover over, and Tsubasa Chronicle, on its last volume. (*cough*too bad I'm already sold on Maid Sama and Kimi ni Todoke <<;;.*cough*) oh hush.
... Whoa. summary!=plot. Arisa makes me want to spend a day in my bookstore's manga section >D. Gotta stretch the tastes sometimes. Might as well do it with a well rated series.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Oh goody Arisa is out! I fell in love with that manga and feel like I've been waiting forever for it to get on my bookself. I'm so glad it got a high rating. A definite must buy for me!
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote
Good job Carlo, you managed to make me interested in a series I wouldn't have given a second glance otherwise. Time to add Arisa to my checklist, hopefully it'll survive the Kodansha takeover.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
Carlo Santos wrote:
You know what ... "shoujo version of Naoki Urasawa" is really all I need to say to sell this. Also, A-. Now go get it.

Now I have to give this a read with that line. If only this was posted during the TRSI Del Rey Manga sale.

Are you a Giants fan, Carlo? There is nothing wrong with that. I am just curious. I watched the intensity known as Game 6 of the NLCS. It was hard-fought but the Giants prevailed.

However, I will be rooting for the Texas Rangers to win it all.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm worried about Nightschool but I'll probably grab volume four anyway (think it only goes for six volumes anyway, maybe seven). Interested in Arisa however, hopefully it doesn't have too many cliches in the future.
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Buying Arisa ASAP.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I liked Zodiac PI, and I plan on reading Kitchen Princess, so I will definately read Arisa.

And yeah, Black Gate wasn't all that good.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
After reading the fake Star of the (San Francisco) Giants review.

I now feel like reading Star of the Giants, Wait has this series ever been licensed to America yet!? Mad
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'm going to have to give Arisa a try. I really liked Kitchen Princess; it was a cute manga, with enough seriousness to make it not cutesy.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'll be joining the people who are putting Arisa on their to-buy list. I also have Kitchen Princess up there, looking forward to eventually checking both of them out.

I actually already have a copy of March Story that I have to write a review for. I wonder if we'll have the same opinion of it (I did have to skip reading the review here for that one but I'll definitely check it out once I've done my own).
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I preordered Arisa based on the good buzz I'd heard about Kitchen Princess, so good to hear it's another above average shojo title.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Wait, another manga from the Kitchen Princess woman? Sign me up!

But Ando isn't collaborating with Kobayashi this time. Will that make it less awesome?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
As someone who loved Kitchen Princess (not quite as awesome as Fruits Basket but that's a high bar to meet) I've been really looking forward to Arisa.

Now, with Del-Rey's future looking bleak and no idea what's going to happen to their titles now that Kodansha's getting serious, I'm at a cross roads. I can get Arisa volume 1 and risk having wasted my money on a series that ultimately gets dropped or never re-upped or wait and maybe never get to experience any of it.

I really hate this industry some times. Is stability really too much to ask for?

I'll probably pick it up because I really have been looking forward to it but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up dumped. Lately the only player in the industry that hasn't been disappointing me is Yen Press. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1