• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Frontwing Plans Anime of Le Fruit de La Grisaia Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, interesting.

I generally enjoy the more romance/drama heavy titles based off of visual novels, though I haven't seen any in quite some time for various reasons. I hope it's one of those, rather than a comedy-heavy title.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Hmmm, interesting.

I generally enjoy the more romance/drama heavy titles based off of visual novels, though I haven't seen any in quite some time for various reasons. I hope it's one of those, rather than a comedy-heavy title.

Yeah well there are some really good ones like Air, Kanon, Clannad, both efs, and a few others. But then there is also the really crappy or average ones like lamune, green green, H2O: Footprints in the Sand, and many others.

I think it has a lot to do what company is making it and also what material they have to work with. Bunching all visual novels together though is like bunching up all anime together.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
This isn't all that surprising in a way, because they've been making a big deal in their promo material that the character designer for the Bakemonogatari anime is doing some of the character designs & art for this game (with usual Frontwing artist Fumio doing the rest). So if they could produce an anime where the same character designer is involved in the anime production, it would be a good tie-in. You probably don't hire a rather well-known anime character designer without at least thinking "anime".
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
An all girls school except for the one guy, something seems awfully familiar.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
There are only 6 students in the whole school.

I was about to bang my head at the nearest wall when I read the ANN's plot synopsis, but reading a longer synopsis made me rather interested in this game. Only 6 students in a large school, protagonist with mysterious past, I might even read this if I see positive reviews.

Game's PM
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
There are only 6 students in the whole school.

Doesn't change the fact that it still sounds very familiar.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Yeah well there are some really good ones like Air, Kanon, Clannad, both efs, and a few others. But then there is also the really crappy or average ones like lamune, green green, H2O: Footprints in the Sand, and many others.

I think it has a lot to do what company is making it and also what material they have to work with. Bunching all visual novels together though is like bunching up all anime together.

I think that plays a factor, as well. How popular the game is would play a factor, too. Granted, that isn't always the case. (You'd think Little Busters! would've had an anime adaptation by now.)

I'm a fan of the romance and drama genres, so I'd rather have those ones made. Though it seems like there's been a sore lack of them recently, the three newer titles aside. I do enjoy comedy, but I'd rather not have comedy be the dominating element in the romance/drama-heavy VN adaptations.

Here's hoping that it'll turn out well, either way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1