• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Revoltech Lupin the Third

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
Okay...that had to be the best character theme I've ever heard from any anime.

The lyrics were so hilariously cheesy but what can you expect from the groovy 60's? Smile

The toy itself looks great and I bet you can have all sorts of fun with it. Still would love to see Fujiko though. Embarassed

I wonder if there is an MP3 of that song: Nice Man Lupin?
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

The toy itself looks great and I bet you can have all sorts of fun with it. Still would love to see Fujiko though. Embarassed

Agreed! Looks like I'm gonna have to pick one of these up and hope for a Fujiko down the road...
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I can't wait to get mine! When I saw the preorder, it took me like .2 seconds to order him and Jigen.

If only we could get more revoltech or figma of old anime characters...

My kingdom for a Captain Harlock Revoltech!... I don't care if he can only do two poses (sitting in his throne being a badass or standing up and being awesome), but he needs at least 4 bottles of wine.
VIPPER.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Go, go man.

You gotta... feel it.
RedTail

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice touch with the BGM from the '71 series. As for the toy itself, eh. I'm not really big on human Revoltechs. I understand the main point behind the line is poseability, but I just can't get past how awkward human characters look with all those ball joints and segmented body parts.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Happy Birthday, David!

Fun fact: Big Bad Toy Store was the first store in the world to list the Lupin III Revoltechs. Nobody knew these were coming, there were no rumors to suggest they were happening, no teaser images, no magazine spreads, nothing at all. But there they were, sitting on BBTS as pre-orders with no other details. They assured people they were real, but wouldn't name their sources. It wasn't until a month or so later that Kaiyodo finally revealed them to the world. Unfortunately BBTS confused Jigan for Zenigata (which would have been awesome), but they got the scoop on everyone.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Nice~! I've never been a fan of the Revoltech or other action figures when it comes to human figures, the joints stand out too much, but somehow it just fits Lupin. I mean, you can't have Lupin in a static pose, he's gotta be free to express himself Laughing Needless to say I'm going to have to make some wild heist scene stretching across the furniture in my room. Now if only they'll release one of Zenigata!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ryoga79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Got to have it, I need that whole line released, and the sooner the better.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
RedTail wrote:
I understand the main point behind the line is poseability, but I just can't get past how awkward human characters look with all those ball joints and segmented body parts.

I can't get past the hip joints making it look like he's drunk and wearing his underwear outside his pants. :)
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
This figure looks fantastic
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1