• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Features or "Views" heading in the encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
This is something that came to me while having a difficult time looking for the "Dreams of Satoshi Kon" features awhile ago and I'm reminded of it again now that you've done the nice job of gathering them up together again.

There's the "In the News Section" and "Reviews" section, but I think it's an oversight that there is no section that links to ANN's features, columns and other "views" articles.

A couple of the "Dreams of Satoshi Kon" features show up in the News section but not all of them, and even in the News section they get swallowed up by the multitudes of other articles that mention Kon and the relevant works. So if a person goes to the Paprika page, for instance, there is no notification that such an excellent article was written about it.

It's the same with the columns. It'd be so nice and helpful to have a section that links to articles in columns like Shelf Life, or The Mike O'Toole Show or especially the very informative Buried Treasure for people curious about anime found in the encyclopedia. The same goes for Manga pages linking to to reviews and features that deal with manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1