• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: .hack//The Movie+Versus Hybrid Pack's Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
Wow they bring Haseo back but not Kite, what the f%ck .hack?
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote
Wait, so you can't watch the movie unless you own a PS3? That is bullshit. Why can't they just ship it to all platform?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Wait, so you can't watch the movie unless you own a PS3? That is bullshit. Why can't they just ship it to all platform?

Why would you buy the Hybrid release if you don't have a PS3? I'm sure there'll be a regular version released on BD and DVD just like with Tekken Hybrid. Even if not, the video clearly shows that the BD can be played in regular BD players, too.

What sucks is that when this was announced the other day Namco Bandai also said they have no plans to release .hack//Versus in the US. Siliconera is encouraging .hack fans to spam Namco Bandai's English Facebook page begging for .hack games to be released outside of Japan again. There's been a pretty good turnout so far.

As for who will be in //Versus, don't count Kite out just yet, they've only shown off I believe 5 characters so far (the three new team characters, Haseo, and the "Unknown" guy in the hoodie. They're also calling the main character "Sora" instead of "Kite (Sora)" like in the //Link game so there's a good chance of Kite appearing in the game.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
IS it just me or do the voices sound and look off to anyone else?

The graphics look beautiful, but the voices made me cringe through the whole trailer...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
NGH. WANT. I NEED THIS.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
You can keep this Japan only. Anyone who thinks the game will be anything that resembles "good" is fooling themselves. It's an obvious tactic to get people to buy the Blu-Ray of the film. Scamco's done this with Macross, Gundam, and Idolm@ster and in each case the games have been incredibly barebones.
N.R.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

You can play the Blu-ray on any Blu-ray player. But the game (which comes on the same disc) can only be played on the PS3. BTW, there will be a regular DVD version with no game on it. However, there will not be a Blu-ray version without the game (why bother really).

Primus wrote:
You can keep this Japan only. Anyone who thinks the game will be anything that resembles "good" is fooling themselves. It's an obvious tactic to get people to buy the Blu-Ray of the film. Scamco's done this with Macross, Gundam, and Idolm@ster and in each case the games have been incredibly barebones.

You sir are both right and wrong. It's true that anime-bundle games tend to suck. However, .hack is the property of Cyber Connect 2 - the company who creates all those awsome Naruto Shippuden games. It looks like .hack//Versus will be a "Naruto clone" which is actualy a good thing in terms of quality. Also you are potentialy receiving a free game here anyway, since the Blu-ray retails for the same as any other Blu-ray movie in Japan (if not cheaper).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1