• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
War anime recommendations.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatherum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
It is not as if the Japanese are unable to produce something based on a conflict of which (the Empire of) Japan was not a part. World history provides more than enough material to draw from, especially if they chose to collaborate with production companies abroad. Such is why we have First Squad (supernatural elements and actual quality of the work notwithstanding). Not that I realistically think it would become a trend.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
I've merged the official War anime recommendations thread with another thread asking for Modern War anime. It's all war, anyway, so if you have specific criteria you'd like to have met for your preferred type of warfare, then please say so when asking for or suggesting recommendations. Thanks.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Tony.

For realistic war shows (er... as realistic as they usually make them) I'm also gonna recommend Cat Shit One. If you ignore the fact that they're camels and ADORABLE BUNNIES (and who would want to ignore adorable bunnies) it's a really good short film.

For a sci-fi setting one, Rideback had a pretty cool dance with war which completely blind-sided me because I was expecting a sci-fi sports anime. I never did see the last 2 eps of it but unless the thing took a serious nosedive it was a pretty good show.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Just finishing up the 2015 "updates" for the recommendation threads. So, since it is now (early) 2016, did 2014-5 present any good War anime?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7