• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Gets Western Release this Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be so awesome! The FF franchise is chock-full of excellent songs, so a rhythm game is a perfect fit for a spinoff, in my opinion. Looking forward to this and some of the other games coming for the 3DS this Summer; just the thing to help me relaxed before I get shipped off to college Razz

However, the fanboy deep down inside of me wishes that it could incorporate all of the other SE franchises as well, because I would love to see some Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest music thrown in too. Oh, well, a guy can dream... *sigh*
opn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
However, the fanboy deep down inside of me wishes that it could incorporate all of the other SE franchises as well, because I would love to see some Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest music thrown in too. Oh, well, a guy can dream... *sigh*

dont forget TWEWY afterall it has some of squares best music Razz . as for rhythem im not sure if i will get this or not since i only played 13 and four so its a wait and see type of thing from me.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
This trash comes over here but not Miku? Come on SEGA Miku has a Fanbase over here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh, man...well, I said if Theatrhythm came over to the US I'd have to seriously start looking into a 3DS... but argh, I wasn't expecting it to be so *soon*. @.@ Cannot afford...new handheld... .....Maybe I can borrow one from a friend.
N.R.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
This trash comes over here but not Miku? Come on SEGA Miku has a Fanbase over here!

As a fellow Miku fan I have to cut your dreams short - Project Mirai is doing terrible in Japan. It sold less then the first Project Diva game and research shows that most Project Diva players are not buying it. There is no way in hell that Project Mirai will receive an English version when Miku's best selling game (Project Diva 2.5) didn't. You can blame Sega for not making Project Mirai region-free to begin with.

On another note - YES! I've wanted to play Theatrhythm in English so much! Now the only thing missing is a proper 3DS with two analog sticks. When both of these will be available I'll eat this one up. I do hope SE will change the name to something more legible (FF Music sounds more easy on the ear).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait can't wait can't wait. Now I just gotta get a 3DS. Maybe this will be the reason to make my summer musically fun. Because waiting for my niece to pass 4th grade just to break out the 'Rhythm Heaven Fever' is killing me.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:
[
As a fellow Miku fan I have to cut your dreams short - Project Mirai is doing terrible in Japan. It sold less then the first Project Diva game and research shows that most Project Diva players are not buying it.

Sales have been good, but not as amazing as Project Diva 2 - it sold over 100K in the first two weeks which is pretty good. There are a couple of theories out there on why the game hasn't sold amazingly. Research shows that different people are buying it, though (teenage girls showing an interest) - source

Quote:

You can blame Sega for not making Project Mirai region-free to begin with.

No. You blame Nintendo for region-locking 3DS games (unless there is information out there that the region locking of 3DS games works like the Xbox 360 where it's up to the publisher to region-lock a title).

People are asking for Project Mirai to be localized, but one hurdle I can see is the licensing rights for the music. That's something that needs to be negotiated - some could be easy others maybe not. That and trying to sell a game with 100% Japanese songs in the US, even if there is a fanbase, is a little odd unless SEGA or whatever company in the US would license the game sold the game only through an online store instead of going through normal distribution channels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1