• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Oreimo Novel Volume Fourth in a Row to Top Sales Charts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
My Little Sister Can't Be This Popular.

I really hope we get the 2nd anime season soon... I'm hoping for a Fall airing.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
My Little Sister Can't Be This Popular

*Yawn* More crap for obsessed hikikimori otaku. That stalker dude who was mad about one of the blobs getting time over another still cracks me up.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised at the sales. The first two chapters have been summarized in English and it's pretty damn good so far...chapter 2 in particular.

dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

*Yawn* More crap for obsessed hikikimori otaku.

*Yawn* Yet another post with same boring drivel.
DragonSyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Great to see it doing well on the charts.
dragon695 wrote:

*Yawn* More crap for obsessed hikikimori otaku. That stalker dude who was mad about one of the blobs getting time over another still cracks me up.

Another generalizing, close-minded person with no idea of what they're saying. You're moronic and ignorant comments are getting really old.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

To be honest, I don't see what's your problem. It's a good novel. Maybe not on the levels of Crest/Banner of the Stars, Full Metal Panic!, Kino's Journey, or some of the NisiOsin titles, but it doesn't change the fact that it's good and the rankings clearly show.

And I find it rather offensive that you are basically assuming/implying all 138,000 units sold were to "hikikimori otaku."

It's difficult to comprehend how your opinion is relevant or has any substance, especially coming from someone who is not only biased towards yaoi but also praises Naruto as a good title spoiler[(assuming you're the same dragon695)]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
3 good Novels released in the same week and still sell this well.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
kirino cooking? I wonder where that's going.

the success is probably due to that stalker guy making news.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

To be honest, I don't see what's your problem. It's a good novel. Maybe not on the levels of Crest/Banner of the Stars, Full Metal Panic!, Kino's Journey, or some of the NisiOsin titles, but it doesn't change the fact that it's good and the rankings clearly show.

And I find it rather offensive that you are basically assuming/implying all 138,000 units sold were to "hikikimori otaku."

Well considering the demographic that obsesses over it, threatens the life of the creator because of their waifus being scorned... Ah, so much potential for a real-life version of Misery here...
As for the quality, well shit sells, but at least NisiO novels are both prurient and interesting. This one, not so much...
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Wow kirino cooking picture looks so... cute? lol
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Need I remind people?

Forum Rules wrote:
4) Swearing is frowned upon. If you disagree with a poster, disagree respectfully, or do not disagree at all.

You don't need to swear for this to apply. You have the right to your opinion, and the right to speak your mind, but you are still expected to bring some measure of civility to the discussion. Coming in and insulting an entire group, generalizing their behavior and attacking them not only contributes nothing to the discussion but is disrespectful towards other users. Keep it civil or I will start removing posts and/or users if it comes to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

the success is probably due to that stalker guy making news.

Unless the sales units are substantially above the other recent chart-toppers from the series, I'd be surprised. It is the fourth in a row to top Oricon. If the stalker news had any effect on sales I'd think it would probably be on the older volumes as opposed to this one, which was always likely to be at or near the top anyways.
Rensie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

*Yawn* another retard troll. sugoi!
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Units sold don't mean squat. Unscientific online polls don't mean anything. A bad title can still be wildly popular.

Now, to be fair, I have not read any of OreImo, but if the Anime is an accurate representation of the novels then I plain don't want to touch the novels with a three-metre pole.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1