• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... on one side I like hearing "Jumper" because it's a great song and fits the franchise well. On the other side it fits well into this being a Key april fools prank since that's music that Key already owns the rights to, and for Key anime adaptations they tend to use new OP/ED themes.

EDIT: Also, cool that we saw Saya for a bit. Her route is going to be really interesting...

Last edited by Megiddo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Hmmm... on one side I like hearing "Jumper" because it's a great song and fits the franchise well. On the other side it fits well into this being a Key april fools prank since that's music that Key already owns the rights to, and for Key anime adaptations they tend to use new OP/ED themes.

they might of just used the op in the trailer for nostalgic value and wont actually be the op for the anime sorta like how the P4 anime had the original games op in the first episode.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Also, it looks like the trailer is more or less some scenes of the Little Busters EX opening fleshed out with animation.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
As pumped as I am to see a trailer, would really like to know the studio...

PLEASE TELL US!
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Also, it looks like the trailer is more or less some scenes of the Little Busters EX opening fleshed out with animation.

the entire preview is basically just CG's from the game rikis shot is the only thing that wasnt a cg from the game though they also added masato and kendo to the shot with kyosuke meeting riki.
treatment

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
like the prank at the end.

Laughing
Fifth B

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
for Key anime adaptations they tend to use new OP/ED themes.

Didn't Kyoani use Tori no Uta as the OP and Farewell Song as the ED for Air? And Last Regrets as the OP and Where the Wind Reaches as the ED in Kanon? And Meg Mell as the OP for Clannad? I don't see how using Jumper as an OP would be unusual, even if this isn't a Kyoani production.

Anywho, I'm oh so very stoked for this. The Key shows are some of the few anime which I consider myself a giddy, irrational fanboy of, and I've been hoping to see a new adaptation of one of their visual novels for years now. I admit that I'm a little disappointed that it appears that Kyoani won't be doing this one, but I have faith in PA-Works. Quite the nice appetizer.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why people think this is an April Fools joke. The info was leaked a week before the "official" announcement, and Key specifically posted the notice on March 31 on their website.

Also, instead of either KyoAni or PA Works, I'm thinking the anime might be done by White Fox. It's hard to tell with the promo, but I think it's fairly obvious that KyoAni's not doing it.
Eternal September

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Dop.L wrote:
Ok, so am I the only person who hears the title "Little Busters" and automatically thinks of this song by The Pillows?
http://youtu.be/qLn4CoUP98U

You are not! I think I heard once that the game was specifically named after the Pillows song, but I can't find any proof of that so I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't surprise me, though, since head-man Jun Maeda is such a rock music buff.

Well, Air, Kanon, and Clannad are all named after music terms, so it sounds like an obvious theme.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
I don't see why people think this is an April Fools joke. The info was leaked a week before the "official" announcement, and Key specifically posted the notice on March 31 on their website.

Also, instead of either KyoAni or PA Works, I'm thinking the anime might be done by White Fox. It's hard to tell with the promo, but I think it's fairly obvious that KyoAni's not doing it.

i dont think white fox is doing it either since it doesnt look like their normal style that they are using for their most recent shows.
edit: watching the vid again...i keep thinking mask the saito says happy april fools at the end...maybe its just me and im just over thinking things.
Eternal September

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
The art style looks exactly like the original VNs art, we can't identify any studio from that, they are just being accurate.

Even KyoAni, with it's supposedly consistent "moeblob style", had the diversity to follow the basic art style of the Haruhi light novels, the Clannad VN, the Nichijou manga, or the K-on manga, at will.

If they would make Little Busters, even they would look exactly like this. You are just being biased by K-on's fame, to expect that their adaptation would necessarily have characters who look like Yui in a colorful wig.

(Though I don't think that it is KyoAni, but simply because they were surely busy with Hyouka in the past months, it it shouldn't look that ready if it was them.) Theoretically it could be pretty much any studio, from DEEN to Gainax, but we won't figure it out just by looking at a decent generic trailer.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(Though I don't think that it is KyoAni, but simply because they were surely busy with Hyouka in the past months, it it shouldn't look that ready if it was them.) Theoretically it could be pretty much any studio, from DEEN to Gainax, but we won't figure it out just by looking at a decent generic trailer.

The idea of Gainax doing a Key adaption is simultaneously ridiculous and AWESOME.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:

And that's why people think it's an April Fool's joke. Trailer wasn't up to KyoAni quality. At the end of the day, the title has to sell discs. If it ain't KyoAni, then the substitute studio has to hit the same quality level as what KyoAni would. Therefore, a substitute studio wouldn't put out such a video.

Really, the studio needs to do better than this first commercial.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Juhachi wrote:

And that's why people think it's an April Fool's joke. Trailer wasn't up to KyoAni quality. At the end of the day, the title has to sell discs. If it ain't KyoAni, then the substitute studio has to hit the same quality level as what KyoAni would. Therefore, a substitute studio wouldn't put out such a video.

it was just a video showing what the characters would look like in the anime nothing more and nothing less besides the final product is always better.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Juhachi wrote:

it was just a video showing what the characters would look like in the anime nothing more and nothing less besides the final product is always better.

It's a much desired franchise. The first video would be expected to look better if it wasn't KyoAni.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5