• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Broccoli USA's Final Warehouse Sale This Friday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Would've liked to know earlier, but I'll probably be there. Won't be able to make it until later in the day though. Fat chance, but I wonder if they'll let me use my point cards I never used...
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote
Anyone want to find me a Galaxy Angel Beta 3 volume with dust jacket? Then maybe I can pay them back at AX, if they go...

Razz
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote
Wish I could go . . .
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quote
So the graphic novels are not discounted? I wonder how many they are going to sell this way. I mean, who'd buy now Sola volume 1 when volume 2 is not exactly what we can hope to get for Christmas 2009.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Would've liked to know earlier, but I'll probably be there. Won't be able to make it until later in the day though. Fat chance, but I wonder if they'll let me use my point cards I never used...

I think you answered your own question. Seeing as how this is a cash only sale I doubt if they'll be honoring any type of point system. It's all about getting cash to pay any outstanding debts now, so you'll have to really plead your case otherwise.
Brians9824

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
If anyone goes and wants to sell figures and soundtracks (assuming thats what the import cd's are) let me know.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Dammit... I don't live anywhere near LA. I was gonna get some vols. of Juvenile Orion for my girlfriend for Christmas, too. Sad (maybe I can still snatch 'em up online). *fingers crossed*

This news just keeps depressing me. I'm really gonna miss you, Broccoli. Crying or Very sad
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
Though I don't think I've read Broccoli title except the first chapter of Nui, this still isn't a happy solution for fans and the employees.

Although I was mildly interested in reading Honoka level up, unless another company saves this series, I won't be reading this manga any time soon.

Hopefully the employees are able to find new jobs soon. Thanks for all the years of great manga and great service.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Pirkaf wrote:
So the graphic novels are not discounted? I wonder how many they are going to sell this way. I mean, who'd buy now Sola volume 1 when volume 2 is not exactly what we can hope to get for Christmas 2009.

Life is unfair sometimes.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Brians9824 wrote:
If anyone goes and wants to sell figures and soundtracks (assuming thats what the import cd's are) let me know.

Noticing they had art supplies as well, I wish i knew someone in the LA area who could've bought/sold me some of 'em as well.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Though I don't think I've read Broccoli title except the first chapter of Nui, this still isn't a happy solution for fans and the employees.

Although I was mildly interested in reading Honoka level up, unless another company saves this series, I won't be reading this manga any time soon.

Hopefully the employees are able to find new jobs soon. Thanks for all the years of great manga and great service.

In the end, a sensible solution could be for the employees to form their own company and try to acquire those licenses if possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1