• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Accel World (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying Haru's character. It's really nice to watch him grow as a character. In the earlier episodes, he's just a bullied, wimpy kid who had many problems but now he's spoiler[growing into a man who can deal with those problems. His resolve is inspiring. As the saying goes, the lower you fall, the higher you'll fly. The whole Nomi arc is a great example of that. Even after losing his special ability, he returns stronger.]

I really enjoy this arc a lot so far; but some parts were infuriating, namely what happened in the beginning of this episode. I really enjoy how this arc strengthens Haru. The one problem I have with this is how it seems to be stretching on. I'd like for it to end soon but it's more likely that this will carry on until the end.

I'm quite disappointed that spoiler[the part where Haru is overtaken by rage ended just like that. It's a shame, things were getting epic and suddenly AW timed out. It was the best part of this episode.]*

*LN spoilers/explanation:
spoiler[That was the Chrome Disaster's slight awakening. If there's even a second season for this, I'm going to be waiting for an animated version of CD Silver Crow.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I'm quite disappointed that spoiler[the part where Haru is overtaken by rage ended just like that. It's a shame, things were getting epic and suddenly AW timed out. It was the best part of this episode.]

The part that baffled me is the way spoiler[Nomi carried on while a red version of Crow is walking towards him with red tendrils coming off of him; he was entirely oblivious to it until he was actually attacked.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21

spoiler[Haru & Taku meet Yuniko.
Chiyu siding with Nomi is baffling.
Niko teaching Taku the incarnate system.
That girl sure has a horrible personality.
Well, at least she's helping them out.
The Blood Leopard waitress & Haru on an info quest.
Seems like Red Legion members have similar personalities.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I found episode 21 to be decently satisfying. Haru wasn't even extra pathetic.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I liked that spoiler[Blood Leopard seemed to use internet speak.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator Did she only use "np" or others as well?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I think she said "K" a couple times, I am not sure if there were any more Japanese specific terms, but regardless she gave off the feeling that she knew what she was talking about.

I did not even mention Niko's behavior, she is plenty of fun.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
best part of that episode was on the bus
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

spoiler[Seraching for Rust Jigsaw..
Seems like that incarnate system is no joke.
Well, he found them. It was a good fight.
I like that Blood Leopard's attacks ^^
Oh man... Nomi & Chiyu even started to make their move outside school.]

That's not good at all.
spoiler[Haru sure came to some interesting findings.
One-on-one with Nomi. Just how dumb is that? Guess we'll find out next time.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I just finished reading the book "Heroes of the Valley" and the entire time I read it, I continued to imagine the protagonist as a black-haired Haru. So for the rest of my life, whenever someone is described as "short and stout": I'll think of Haru.

Back on the 17th page of this thread, this transpired:

Papochulo wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks that the world in which this series takes place in, is the beginning of the world that Ghost in the Shell takes place in?

Rhyono wrote:
@Papochulo and SAO would be a step before Accel World.

Episode 22: spoiler[Sword Art Online uses the "Nerve Gear" and this episode mentions that it is the predecessor to the "Nerve Link"]
batou37

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
About episode 22, did I miss something, or
spoiler[did they not even mention Chiyu (who in my mind is one of the driving forces of why they want to beat Nomi to free her) when they were having that conversation about fighting Nomi? Do they expect her not to heal him? Do they think this because of her friendship or because Nomi said this was one on one? I don't see his character possibly risking losing everything so of course he'd use her if he possibly can. And I don't know how to read that situation in Chiyu's house with Haru, was she being serious, or was Nomi trying to make her do something to use against Haru with black Lotus, or was she trying to tell him it was just a game and she was enjoying winning and was going to play to win (doubtful but I don't know...) I guess I'm still a bit confused about Chiyu's motivations for helping Nomi (other than the Haru video thing) but since that seems to partially have come to light, at least in rumor form, has anything more been said about that?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
My guess is that spoiler[Chiyu is waiting for the opportune moment to cross Nomi, which will likely be in the upcoming fight. The more cold she acts, the more likely he will count on her and that they can get rid of him for good.] Well that was the theory I stated when the betrayal first showed up.

Nomi got so mad at Haru.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
My guess is that spoiler[Chiyu is waiting for the opportune moment to cross Nomi, which will likely be in the upcoming fight. The more cold she acts, the more likely he will count on her and that they can get rid of him for good.] Well that was the theory I stated when the betrayal first showed up.

Nomi got so mad at Haru.

That's pretty much what I had in mind as well especially everything that's going through her and the recent events.spoiler[ I'm guessing she's putting up an act and take back everything that she lost in the upcoming episode.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
My guess is that spoiler[Chiyu is waiting for the opportune moment to cross Nomi, which will likely be in the upcoming fight. The more cold she acts, the more likely he will count on her and that they can get rid of him for good.]
I'm going to be so disappointed if this is the case, but not particularly surprised. It's just too by-the-numbers (which this writer seems very comfortable with), and passes up an opportunity to make Chiyu a more interesting character, with more varied motivations than "the chick."
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Can someone explain to me the Chiyu-Haru moment there? Was she saying spoiler[Haru can physically touch her in ways Nomi can't? If so: she's Haru's best friend's girlfriend (that was a highly possessive sentence), yet she seems to enjoy a lot of physical contact with Haru.] This anime has taught me that all attractive women like fat guys; time to lose the abs!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 21