• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bug in the encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Path

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:28 am Reply with quote
It won't let me log out in the encyclopedia. Even if i try to log out in the forum, it won't let me. Will someone manually boot me out so I can change my password and get that yellow warning away for good? Thanks
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:19 am Reply with quote
You should have post this in the Bug Forum. It might be you something to do with you cookies. Try deleteing any cookies that have to do with ANN.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:25 am Reply with quote
You can change your password by clicking on Profile. You don't have to log out for that. (Not that that solves the logout problem.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I've experienced that bug once before. Right now I'm unable to reproduce it - when I click "logout" it works as it should. You're not hallucinating, other people have had that bug. Apparently, it's something inherent to the phpbb forum software, and I'll admit this bug baffles me. It shouldn't exist. Path, if it's still happening to you, could you send me a private message with the cookies your computer has for ANN? For Win2k with IE, it's in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Cookies", there is a text file with "animenewsnetwork" in the filename.

Doesn't it remind anyone of the situation in .hack//SIGN? Just a little bit...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1