• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America to Release Oreimo, Garden of Sinners on DVD

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnpsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
As long as all of the OVAs are on this non-Limited Edition release of Oreimo, too, I'm happy.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Maybe with this, complaints on Aniplex's imports will finally die down, along with the insults being thrown at those who have bought them (I bought Fate/Zero for example).

Glad to see Garden of Sinners get a regular release here. I wonder how they'll release them. A box set, or individually for $30 each, and maybe a limited edition mirroring the Japanese limited edition DVD's for around what Gurren Lagann went for.

Well glad Oreimo is back in print. I missed my chance, and now I can finally own the show. No longer will anyone have to attempt to get this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005ZVJAF0/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1327902821&sr=8-1&condition=new

On a side-note, saddened there was no news on bringing this over.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
AWWW YEAHHH.

I already picked up Oreimo, but Garden of Sinners was prohibitively expensive before and I was really sad to have missed out on it! But now that it's no longer $600 to grab, I'll definitely be picking it up. Thanks, Aniplex!
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

I'm not surprised that it won't have an English dub, and I can't really complain, but I would've liked one; this seems like something I would really enjoy watching late at night when I'm in that strange state of not being tired enough to go to bed, but being just far away enough from awake that the world makes a slightly different kind of sense and I don't much feel like reading.

Since Toonami is making it's near comeback soon definitely the best time to make a statement. Expect Fate/Series to make it and Garder of Sinners holiday feature on December.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Out of curiosity, why aren't they releasing Garden of Sinners on Bluray? Is it because they're hoping to have people buy the DVD and then a few years down the road pay for a Bluray release? Is it because they don't want to anger the people who bought the Limited Edition release? Or is it because they don't want to encourage people from Japan to import the Bluray and hurt their Japanese market? Just wondering...

It's probably a combination of those, I'm sure. I'm definately interested, even if it is is in DVD and not blu. I'll be awaiting the price for it, and packaging details...
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
But I want Kara No Kyoukai on BD, not DVD Sad The art is so pretty that it needs to be HD. I wouldn't even mind paying a fairly high price for the movies, because they're worth it. I just missed out on the first release because it was sold out so quickly Sad
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Confused I guess I'll still buy Oreimo... But I wish they would also release a premium BD edition.

And I'm banging my head for not preordering KnK on rightstuf, thinking I could place my order on the day of release. I had never actually needed to pre-order anything previously. Little did I know it *already* sold out before release. The prices now have more than doubled.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Go fudge yourself Aniplex. I'm not buying an inferior DVD version of KnK just because you wanted to gouge people on the BD.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
now i can shut-up.. thank you aniplex usa... thank you I will not miss my chance this time around to nab ore no imouto on dvd
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Maybe with this, complaints on Aniplex's imports will finally die down, along with the insults being thrown at those who have bought them (I bought Fate/Zero for example).

Glad to see Garden of Sinners get a regular release here. I wonder how they'll release them. A box set, or individually for $30 each, and maybe a limited edition mirroring the Japanese limited edition DVD's for around what Gurren Lagann went for.

Well glad Oreimo is back in print. I missed my chance, and now I can finally own the show. No longer will anyone have to attempt to get this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005ZVJAF0/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1327902821&sr=8-1&condition=new

On a side-note, saddened there was no news on bringing this over.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00

Yeah but you missed out on paying 700 dollars (the largest amount I saw someone pay for it) for a booklet and postcards.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Lack of Oreimo on Blu-Ray is a bit disconcerting, but I don't care for the show that much anyway.

Lack of BD is fine for a show like OreImo. The worst part is still no character commentaries that were on the Japanese release. That really sucks.

But, nice to see that people can buy OreImo again at non-scalper pricing. I'm guessing it'll be MSRP of $50.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Lack of Oreimo on Blu-Ray is a bit disconcerting, but I don't care for the show that much anyway.

Lack of BD is fine for a show like OreImo. The worst part is still no character commentaries that were on the Japanese release. That really sucks.

But, nice to see that people can buy OreImo again at non-scalper pricing. I'm guessing it'll be MSRP of $50.

Yeah it actually is.. and anything is better than paying the 2000 dollar price tag on amazon for the limited edition set >_>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
takachsh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Individuals are easy to predict when it comes to matters on Aniplex.

Limited Edition Sells Out = People QQ, Re-release is announced = People Still QQ. I think we should be happy to ever get a re-release, be it even DVD only, its still a release you can have a chance of owning.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
takachsh wrote:
Individuals are easy to predict when it comes to Aniplex.

Limited Edition Sells Out = People QQ, Re-release is announced = People Still QQ. I think we should be happy to ever get a re-release, be it even DVD only, its still a release you can have a chance of owning.

I saw about 4 episode of Oreimo, and it quickly became obvious that I wasn't the person the show was intended for.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that's cool I suppose but this film series obviously should have an English Dub but that's not going to happen in this lifetime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11