• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast Is This a Zombie? of the Dead, Jormungand Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
nice pick ups there, Zombie was kinda expected but nice to see the Jormungand pick up too
Kyjin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for the home video rights for Future Diary! I've been unable to put this show down, and it's definitely one I'd like to own on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Jormungand looks rather interesting tbh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be damned. FUNImation has two of the three series that I most looked forward to this season. I'm less sure that Jormungand will be a winner than I was of Lupin III ~The Woman Called Fujiko Mine~ and am of Kids on the Slope, but I have high, if guarded, hopes.

Well played, FUNImation, well played.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I kind of prefer CR's site so this is a little disappointing for me though I'm glad these were picked up. With these and Lupin Funimation managed to grab two of of the shows I was looking most forward to watching this season.

Last edited by Eivion on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that CR didn't get Zombie
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yousuke Kuroda is overseeing and writing the series scripts

...ah.

Better not screw this one up, man!
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
While I don't care about Zombie, the Jormungand staff has worked on some of my favorite anime series so I'm glad to see it simulcast, especially on NicoNico. Their fullscreen only covers like 90% of my screen, but it's free commercial-free HD that looks as sharp as CR but doesn't suffer from the banding that I always see in CR shows.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES & now one thing that still we have to ask yet that million dolllar question who funi is going to cast yuno gasai for the dub?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
I'm surprised that CR didn't get Zombie

I'm not.

Given Kadokawa's relationship with Nico Nico, and add on top of that Funimation's license of the first series, and CR's chances of getting a license for the second series hinged on whether their contract with Kadokawa for the first series gave them any additional rights for any sequels.

Before Nico Nico, I would have expected that at worst, both CR and Funimation would have simulcasted the second series (like Sora no Otoshimono: Forte).

I still hold out a small hope that CR will also be permitted to simulcast, but on a week delay. Time will tell.

I would have no issue watching the series at Nico Nico, if I could count on them to actually post episodes when scheduled. For the second half of Guilty Crown they were terrible in that regard, and it wasn't the only series affected, although it was the most often affected.

The primary reason I would like to see it also at CR is that Nico Nico streams are often U.S. & Canada only.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Wait, what? Who cares about simulcast rights, I want to buy Zombie on DVD and/or Blu Ray. Do they have those rights is the question?
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
So Funimation picked up two mundane looking Zombie shows from this season yeah that sounds about right they usually pick something of this nature every anime season well at least they are releasing Shangri-La and Guilty Crown which I may check out depending on the voice cast it looks like Sentai Filmworks won this round in terms of picking up far more interesting titles this season.I still don't see anyone picking up Dusk maiden of Amnesia or Upotte!!
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
^yea except Zombie Desu was pretty dam popular and warranted a second season; Guilty Crown on the other hand tanked, and hard, and was panned by close to everyone as a mess
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote
Guilty Crown was an entertaining mess for me, even if there were parts that I didn't like, but that has been true of the majority of shows. Zombie isn't really comparable because the show doesn't take itself seriously and so no one really concentrates on plot holes or cliche's/etc. I like it, but I prefer Guilty Crown more than it despite it's flaws.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote
Zombie is not more popular than GC. Both are about the same in popularity. Both are just average shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2