Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Kaizoku Musou Game Gets Western Release in November


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StrawHat313



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 144
Location: United States

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I like how Namco Bandai is localizing most its games now. I hope the treasure box edition comes to because I'd buy that 1st day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Yes, get in my PS3 you glorious SOB!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrameFreeze100



Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Means it's 99.9% confirmed it'll have an English track.

My English cast guesses for new characters:

Brook: Chris Ayres

Boa Hancock: Jamie Marchi

Jimbei: David Wald

Bartholomew Kuma: Kyle Hebert

Kizaru: Andrew Love

Sentomaru: Jim Foronda

Magellan: Ric Spiegel

Hannyabal: Charles Campbell

Emporio Ivankov: Josh Grelle

Akainu: Jason Douglas

Silvers Rayleigh: Bruce Carey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Majin Tenshi



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I have no issue with them adding an English track, as long as they retain the Japanese one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daimao Raki



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 589
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 1474
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Great news! Means it's 99.9% confirmed it'll have an English track.


Uh, the fact they are "in talks to release the game digitally" is actually a sign of it potentially being sub-only. SCEA doesn't require you to release a game on PSN with a dub. They require you to if you go physical (Yakuza is an exception). As far as I know SCEE doesn't have this practice, so it could see retail release in Europe. Other One Piece games (on Wii, DS, and 3DS) saw retail release in Europe. They were also sub-only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xScar



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! November was when I was thinking it would come out if was making its way over.

Can't wait Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thatguy3331



Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1193

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Fanboy mode: on.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

OP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jacksonh



Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Great news! Means it's 99.9% confirmed it'll have an English track.


Uh, the fact they are "in talks to release the game digitally" is actually a sign of it potentially being sub-only. SCEA doesn't require you to release a game on PSN with a dub. They require you to if you go physical (Yakuza is an exception). As far as I know SCEE doesn't have this practice, so it could see retail release in Europe. Other One Piece games (on Wii, DS, and 3DS) saw retail release in Europe. They were also sub-only.


If it is sub-only it I would assume it would be released much earlier, and although it guarantees nothing... the previous One Piece game Bandai released (Unlimited Adventure) did get a dub.

Plus if Musou titles like Bleach and Fist of the North Star can get dubs (the latter being less popular than Bleach & One Piece), why not One Piece too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hellboy18



Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
i hope that means they're releasing the exclusive one piece ps3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 1474
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
jacksonh wrote:
Primus wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Great news! Means it's 99.9% confirmed it'll have an English track.


Uh, the fact they are "in talks to release the game digitally" is actually a sign of it potentially being sub-only. SCEA doesn't require you to release a game on PSN with a dub. They require you to if you go physical (Yakuza is an exception). As far as I know SCEE doesn't have this practice, so it could see retail release in Europe. Other One Piece games (on Wii, DS, and 3DS) saw retail release in Europe. They were also sub-only.


If it is sub-only it I would assume it would be released much earlier, and although it guarantees nothing... the previous One Piece game Bandai released (Unlimited Adventure) did get a dub.

Plus if Musou titles like Bleach and Fist of the North Star can get dubs (the latter being less popular than Bleach & One Piece), why not One Piece too?


The last One Piece game Bandai did publish in the west didn't get dubbed:



Neither did these:



If they confirm a US physical release for One Piece Muso it'll most definitely get a dub. Right now that's a toss up. If it's PSN-only in the US I wouldn't expect a dub.

As for those other games, none of those were published by Namco Bandai here. FoTNS was Koei, and Bleach was NIS America.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4035

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't care less about dub/English VAs, but no physical release is kind of lame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EighteenSky



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 198
Location: Nottingham, England

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping they do include an English dub as that's what I'd prefer. I don't mind if its just Japanese voices though. A November release will give me time to catch up with the Funimation dub so thats good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vulcanraven01



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
If this is digital-only and sub-only, November is a joke.
You're talking about going up against the BIG games at that time of the year.
They need to be looking at no later than September, but oh well, bargain buy for me at Christmas I think if it gets a physical release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ichigo77



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 389
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
OMG this is awesome. This made my day. I hope they release an english dub but if they don't who cares because its finally coming to the US. My guess for the chance of a digital release could be because Namco Bandai knows 4kids vastly damaged the series reputation. Anime like Bleach and Naruto got proper treatment from the start so more people kept watching as with One Piece its really only watched in the US by true fans because we are the only ones that know the 4kids version was not the true version. So because of that Namco probably knows it will only sell well among One Piece fans so going digital would help them make a profit. Either way doesn't matter to me since I'm a PC gamer and by most of my games through Steam or Origin anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group