• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Kaizoku Musou Game Gets Western Release in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBsallad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
Man, I had a glimmer of hope this might get ported to the 360 over here. But it looks like it won't. :'(

edit:
siliconera wrote:
Update: One Piece: Pirate Warriors is slated for release in North America and Europe in November 2012. Namco Bandai is discussing distribution plans with retailers and Sony for a digital release.

There's still hope... or I'm just fooling myself. Confused
It's possible retailers can get the PS3 and a 360 version wile Sony will also have a digital one. But seeing as how no announcement of a port has been made yet... Sad
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote
By retailer it could just mean cards that have a key code to download it.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Slap some subs on that thing and ship it..causes I'm ready to place my order. This is great new and I wonder if they will make the One Piece PS3 available in the states as well.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm just hoping for a 360 port in some form. Tecmo Koei has been really nice to Western gamers with Hokuto Musou that I'm hoping they can push Bandai Namco for a 360 port whether it's a digital copy or not.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
I'm just hoping for a 360 port in some form. Tecmo Koei has been really nice to Western gamers with Hokuto Musou that I'm hoping they can push Bandai Namco for a 360 port whether it's a digital copy or not.

You're not going to get a 360 port.

The only reason this game was made was to sell in Japan. Japanese people own PS3s. Only the hardcorest of hardcore otaku own a 360.

The only reason this game is being localized is to sell in Europe. European people (especially in the countries where One Piece is popular) own PS3s.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

The only reason this game is being localized is to sell in Europe. European people (especially in the countries where One Piece is popular) own PS3s.

Hey, North America has about as much PS3s as Europe too. Smile

Though the big news last year was Xbox 360 tops Wii and PS3 for 1st time in yearly global sales.

Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Well I haven't watched any of One Piece yet but I love Mousu style games. I will be getting it when it comes out, I prefer a BD copy though especially for big sized games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3