• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuiro Kiseki (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Natsuiro Kiseki (TV)

Finished watching the first episode. I like it enough to watch the next episode.

spoiler[Mainly, to see where it goes from there. Is it going to be a 'wish an episode' anime (like the daily monster an episode).

Saki seems to blame herself for causing the family to have to move. So we will have to see how this all plays out.]

[EDIT: Added the Encyclopedia entry for you. -TK]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
I liked it enough to watch another episode I guess. I'm glad they didn't pigeonhole Kotobuki to the Mugi role though. It's interesting to hear her voice a spunky tomboy.

Considering this is coming from the director of Full Metal Alchemist I expected it to be a bit more hyped up by fans, but if they're not down for a simple slice-of-life show that's understandable.

No idea where they're going to go from here. I honestly felt like I was rewatching the last episode from the first season of Kaleido Star with how they just stayed in the air like that. Saki's reaction when back on the ground was hilarious though. It was like that whole mid-air experience didn't phase her one bit
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe it is too early to tell, but it seems like Saki likes keeping things private, including her emotions.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I felt the first episode was a bit wishy-washy to the point where the product placement became an actual annoyance. I'm 'down' with SoL anime so the lack of anything happening shouldn't have annoyed me as much as it did. I guess I just didn't find it very interesting until the spoiler[wish], and even then I felt able to gauge just what kind of show this would be from this point onwards. It just felt a bit too predictable, with nothing new to bring to the table.

Sadly, it's a type I'm not very interested in Confused
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
And the 2nd ep is even more bizarre. It better have a good episode 3 if I'm going to continue it.

I do love how someone quite candidly captured the first episode pretty much perfectly in this picture chain.

Whatever poorly done drama will the show try to do now that Natsumi and Saki are bestest buds again? Who was it that Saki was apologizing on the phone to? Was it Natsumi, essentially making the entire episode pointless in that Saki was about to apologize before Tweedledee and Tweedledumb made their... err... wish? Cause if so, that's pretty hilarious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
After episode 2 I am hoping that there is going to be more yuri stuff, would it be wrong to say the part of me that is most enjoying this show is the part that like Yuru Yuri.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
I'm enjoying this so far. I particularly like Yuka - there's just something about the seiyuu performance and the facial expressions she has that is really working for me. I really liked Rinko's spoiler[flying block during the chase scene] - cracked me up. I'm curious as to what these little witches will get up to.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
I'm totally in love with this show! Just what I need after a long day of work every Thursday.

Very eager to throw $400 at Aniplex for it :3
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I'm totally in love with this show! Just what I need after a long day of work every Thursday.

Rolling Eyes For those of us whose identities aren't wrapped up in paying exorbitant prices for anime, do you mind knocking this crap off? We get it: you are true, blue anime fan for whom price is no object. No doubt the Emperor of Japan is preparing some special ceremony to recognize your outstanding contribution to the field of consumerism as we speak.

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
Sorry but your comment was completely uncalled for. I'm a fan. No different than yourself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Dude, maybe you have noticed but Aniplex's pricing strategy is a bit of sore point for some people around here. You are a self-proclaimed cheerleader for their approach, which is fine, but how about keeping that in relevant threads, hmm? Discussion threads are to talk about currently running shows. Do I really need to have Aniplex dragged in? It's a free country and you can post whatever you want (within the ANN rules) but if it is your intent to cite Aniplex pricing at every opportunity, expect to run into some bitterness. Ya feel me?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
I think there is a misunderstanding here. I try to import one show each season...this one is it. I've been collecting promo work and stuff while I was waiting for it to air. I'm honestly a fan of this.

This is an Aniplex Inc title, BTW. Completely relevant.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
I am not doubting your enthusiasm for the show. I am saying I'd appreciate not being reminded of Aniplex's ass-rapeage when it's not necessary. I'm probably not alone in that regard.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
...this has nothing to do with Aniplex of America, man. You need to chill out.

Like zero percent nothing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Are you honestly that stupid? You post:

Quote:

...and you are surprised I'm having KnK/Fate/Zero/Madoka pricing flashbacks? Jesus, ikillchicken is totally right about you. Please shut up now, I just can't take more idiocy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6