• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Founder of Viz's French Distributor Kazé Steps Down

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tratious

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hopefully whatever he does, it works out for him, I wish him the best of luck.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe he's stepping down because he doesn't want to be taxed at 75% of his income if he makes over 1 million euros.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Maybe he's stepping down because he doesn't want to be taxed at 75% of his income if he makes over 1 million euros.

No, its 75% of the income over $1m, not 75% of the income for people who make over $1m.

When various tax breaks and loopholes are included, its not even that.

If you think that the President of Kaze makes so much as President of a subsidiary that of two Japanese publishers that the marginal tax rate on income over $1m/yr is a big factor in his retirement plans, I'm led to wonder what you are smoking.

If he's going into one or more new ventures, as the article suggests, seems more likely that there is an opportunity to get in on the ground of a venture that is either a substantial opportunity in a growing market, or else is a labor of love for someone who's economic future is already secured.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

No, its 75% of the income over $1m, not 75% of the income for people who make over $1m.

If you think that the President of Kaze makes so much as President of a subsidiary that of two Japanese publishers that the marginal tax rate on income over $1m/yr is a big factor in his retirement plans, I'm led to wonder what you are smoking.

If he's going into one or more new ventures, as the article suggests, seems more likely that there is an opportunity to get in on the ground of a venture that is either a substantial opportunity in a growing market, or else is a labor of love for someone who's economic future is already secured.

That's what I mean, and it was just a comment on the new president's plan to excessively tax the rich (and claims he hates the rich, when he's rich himself. He owns at least three houses)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
agila61 wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

That's what I mean, and it was just a comment on the new president's plan to excessively tax the rich (and claims he hates the rich, when he's rich himself. He owns at least three houses)

I'd say if he does indeed to claim to dislike the rich, despite being rich himself, he certainly is pot calling the kettle black in this matter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1