• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven: AO (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
Yes, yes, but spoiler[why isn't she green and where'd her wings go?]

Are you sure you watch the anime?
Quote:
he dyed her hair.

not sure where her wings go.

My guess is some how she time time travel to the past.
For real, nobody knows what's going on right now. If people said they know, they lied. it could be prequel, sequel, or different series with similar character(s).

alteast the first 3 eps are better than Eureka Seven's first 3 eps.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Svidrigailov wrote:

Yeah, I was pretty sure at the end of the original spoiler[she was shiny green with a pinkish inner bit and had wings.]
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Svidrigailov wrote:

Yeah, I was pretty sure at the end of the original spoiler[she was shiny green with a pinkish inner bit and had wings.]

Sounds pretty sexy. I would like to meet this person.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
G-mofactor wrote:
Svidrigailov wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Svidrigailov wrote:

Sounds pretty sexy. I would like to meet this person.

Super sexy, actually.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Super sexy, actually.

Yeah, if you're into the whole anthropomorphic translucent amphibian fairy thing.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Eh, (very minor Eureka Seven spoilers) spoiler[she looked different from that in the final scenes, she still had the wings but her body was much more normal looking.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
Rhyono wrote:
Super sexy, actually.

Yeah, if you're into the whole anthropomorphic translucent amphibian fairy thing.

I was pretty sure it was a mainstream fetish.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Eh, (very minor Eureka Seven spoilers) spoiler[she looked different from that in the final scenes, she still had the wings but her body was much more normal looking.]

And assuming this is the same Eureka, we can just assume she grew out of it.

The same goes for the little dot on her forehead.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

And assuming this is the same Eureka, we can just assume she grew out of it.

The same goes for the little dot on her forehead.

Yeah, it was just one of those adolescent phases comparable to acne and vocal fluctuations.

Honestly, I hope they don't try to explain this or the setting changes: follow the Gundam franchise's example.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
The opening of Episode 4+ shows spoiler[ straight up regular Eureka from the first series, and the episode itself confirms that Eureka is Ao's mother. I think this is supposed to be 100% a version of the Eureka from the original, although possibly an alternate version since she seemed to have the original Nirvash too...]

But the series itself could still be an alternative universe...

Kind of hope not since I always wanted a real sequel.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The Rei quote was kind of pointless, and the spoiler[scub coral = nuclear power plant thing is a bit lackluster], but I'm still enjoying the series.
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
The opening of Episode 4... spoiler[ I think this is supposed to be 100% a version of the Eureka from the original, although possibly an alternate version since she seemed to have the original Nirvash too...]

Sorry tell you that this Nirvash is different from the original series, because I noticed that it does not have a dual cockpit, mechanical design is different, the eyes, and configuration. The original Nirvash can transform to the humanoid cofiguration, a plane or a car; but this one doesn't have wheels for the car configuration.
Although, I could understand that it resembles the original Nirvash, because the creators kept the original name and color scheme.

I am still confused why it's still called a sequel due to inconsistencies from the original, maybe it's too early to judge.

Enjoy the anime, with new characters.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to lean towards the conclusion that Eureka AO is not in any way a continuation of the original story. I'm not quite there yet, but right now that's my inclination.

Regarding Episode 3, was anyone else as pissed with the islanders as I was? I *seriously* wanted to give them all a giant smackdown for the way they treated Ao. If we're intended to somehow sympathize for how the islanders felt, then that intention failed completely with me. I would *never* blame a baby child for my misfortunes. Heck, one of the idiots even *says* that there was nothing that Ao could have done about any of what happened, and yet he STILL BLAMED HIM for it. Pathetic. Even their kids finally realized how pathetic the parents were being. Grr. Just thinking about it makes me angry all over again. Razz

Oh, and I noticed they mentioned that only children could pilot those Pied Piper mechs. Sigh. One of the things I liked about E7 was that it had adults doing cool stuff, but now we're back to Only the Children Can Save The World! There was a pretty good reason for that in NGE; E7:AO better have a reason as good as that for why it's true here.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:
The Rei quote was kind of pointless

come on, that was funny.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
G-mofactor wrote:
Banken wrote:
The opening of Episode 4... spoiler[ I think this is supposed to be 100% a version of the Eureka from the original, although possibly an alternate version since she seemed to have the original Nirvash too...]

Sorry tell you that this Nirvash is different from the original series, because I noticed that it does not have a dual cockpit, mechanical design is different, the eyes, and configuration. The original Nirvash can transform to the humanoid cofiguration, a plane or a car; but this one doesn't have wheels for the car configuration.
Although, I could understand that it resembles the original Nirvash, because the creators kept the original name and color scheme.

I am still confused why it's still called a sequel due to inconsistencies from the original, maybe it's too early to judge.

Enjoy the anime, with new characters.

I'm not talking about the "Mark 1" which is clearly a different mecha from the original, I'm talking about the Nirvash that appears in a flashback in episode 4, which looks the same as the original, at least from the back, and apparently spoiler[disappeared along with Eureka into a Scab Coral.]

I didn't pause the video to actually scrutinize whether it was identical to the original though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 21