• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Apple, Authors Guild Head React to U.S. Antitrust Suit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
I'd be fine if Apple was crushed by this, but I'm just an Apple hater, so I don't care much what really happens.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I'd be fine if Apple was crushed by this, but I'm just an Apple hater, so I don't care much what really happens.

If it makes you feel any better, it's share price has fallen $40 this week alone about 30 of which was in response to this news.
zaltran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I can't really see it as a monopoly because it is not something I can't do without. If it is too pricey, I just won't buy it, and I don't.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
zaltran wrote:
I can't really see it as a monopoly because it is not something I can't do without. If it is too pricey, I just won't buy it, and I don't.

Being limited to that choice is where the anti-trust implications come in. Without the presumed collusion, you would also have the option to buy it cheaper from someone else.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
That's the thing: the DOJ presumes that the agency model is hurting competition and raising prices when it can't be proven. Even if that were true, there's also the presumption that this is a bad thing, when it could be for the best(like with anime).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1