• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam AGE's 3rd Generation Cast Partly Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
hmm that girl with boy face look distrubing Confused
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
I would say that it can't possibly be worse than the second generation, but then again, said the same thing about the second in regards to the first.

Ugh. This goddamn show. If you weren't Gundam I totally wouldn't even be watching anymore.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I would say that it can't possibly be worse than the second generation, but then again, said the same thing about the second in regards to the first.

But at least this one isn't going to completely waste one of my favorite seiyuu. Two of my favorites if you include the Noto Mamiko bridge bunny that had like three lines in the entire generation.

Now watch them cast Yuuki Aoi as the other 3rd Gen girl. Sad
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

But at least this one isn't going to completely waste one of my favorite seiyuu. Two of my favorites if you include the Noto Mamiko bridge bunny that had like three lines in the entire generation.

Now watch them cast Yuuki Aoi as the other 3rd Gen girl. Sad

blame on it

1.lack of characters using & develop
2.sure bring big names only hype them cause some their characters are fillers, living props, extra, worf effect.
3.is so PG-gundam series.

no wonder age is a "failed experiment".
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
people still watching this show?
KLAC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

not me til next gundam is either return of GS era, decade-gokaiger gundam series, or female lead gundam pilot.

yea as for age indeed a "failed experiment" to watch.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

I am still watching it, I am finding it be quite a good show to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:

decade-gokaiger gundam series, or female lead gundam pilot.

We have Decade- Gundam Edition. It's called EXA. Manga. There's also the one staring totally-not-Gackt and his Extreme Gundam as he beats the snot out of protags.

As for female lead, we technically have had two. 0080 had Chris and Ecole du Ciel has Asuna.

Quote:

I'm confused. How is it a failed experiment? It was originally planned to be a video game and a video game alone. It was never meant to be an anime. The anime's meant to promote the video game.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Was this show shortened from 4 to 3 cours? The second generation arc was very rushed in some parts, and I can't imagine the last arc lasting until the end of September.

I'm still watching this show for my weekly hand-drawn mecha fix, and I'm amazed by how hacky and cliched Akihiro Hino's writing can get. Whoa, a pilot asked a girl to marry him before leaving for battle? I'm sure none of them will die or anything. Sometimes, I don't think Gundam Age is a show for kids: it's a show for people who never watched anime in their whole lives.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

As for female lead, we technically have had two. 0080 had Chris and Ecole du Ciel has Asuna.

The lead character of 0080 was the little boy. The Zeon guy was arguably a co-lead. It's been around ten years since I saw it, but from what I recall, you can't call Chris a lead character of that show by any stretch.

Zhou-BR wrote:
Was this show shortened from 4 to 3 cours? The second generation arc was very rushed in some parts, and I can't imagine the last arc lasting until the end of September.

They haven't said anything about its length at any point as far as I know. I don't see any reason they couldn't spend 22 episodes on the last arc. It makes sense, in some ways, to dedicate more time to the last one.
LaSean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Ugh. This goddamn show. If you weren't Gundam I totally wouldn't even be watching anymore.

The general consensus is that the second gen is better than the first generations arc.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:

I'm still watching this show for my weekly hand-drawn mecha fix, and I'm amazed by how hacky and cliched Akihiro Hino's writing can get. Whoa, a pilot asked a girl to marry him before leaving for battle? I'm sure none of them will die or anything. Sometimes, I don't think Gundam Age is a show for kids: it's a show for people who never watched anime in their whole lives.

The series has always advertised itself as being divided into 3 generations, so no there never was meant to be a fourth part. However, I will admit that I was surprised the second generation ended so soon as I though it would at least get 15 episodes. Hopefully this generation will be more fleshed out with the extra seven episodes assuming its going to go up to 50 episodes. Also, children shows intend to be more cliched, so it does not surprise me that there are more cliched elements in this series compared to other gundam shows, though at the same time AGE has avoided few a gundam cliches.

asimpson2006 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

I am still watching it, I am finding it be quite a good show to watch.

Glad I'm not the only one though I have to admit that if this wasn't a show meant for a younger audience I would have been far less lenient on it.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
I think people are being way too harsh with the show. Nothing can be as possibly as worse as SEED Destiny as far as Gundam shows go, IMHO. AGE is one of those shows that sounds great for its concept, but admittedly, the pacing is uneven/rushed and I was never expecting fleshed out characters to begin with. We're talking about a writer (Akihiro Hino) who's previous experience includes video game development and writing for a show that based on one of his company's video games (Inazuma Eleven) that just happens to be targeted for kids. Taking that all into perspective, AGE isn't all that bad. Just rushed and subpar when compared to its other AU brethen (SEED, Wing, and Turn A).

I'm more hopeful for Level-5's eventual AGE video game. Perhaps they'll fix the writing issues the TV series had, but knowing Level-5's track record, I have no doubt that AGE will be one of the best Gundam video games, but that's probably not saying much in hindsight. lol
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
I think people are being way too harsh with the show. Nothing can be as possibly as worse as SEED Destiny as far as Gundam shows go, IMHO.

Both Destiny and AGE are terrible, but for very, very different reasons.

Honestly, if you forced me to watch one of them, I'd rather watch Destiny.
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
KLAC wrote:

decade-gokaiger gundam series, or female lead gundam pilot.

We have Decade- Gundam Edition. It's called EXA. Manga. There's also the one staring totally-not-Gackt and his Extreme Gundam as he beats the snot out of protags.

Quote:

I'm confused. How is it a failed experiment? It was originally planned to be a video game and a video game alone. It was never meant to be an anime. The anime's meant to promote the video game.

WRONG!!!

besides give i'm saying 50eps tv series gundam lead being female is needed to do next.

also age is a "failed experiment"

look at it 1sr gen is 15 eps while 2nd gen 13eps yea too short.

also mention lack of characters really some them are total extra, living props, akarin' effect, who are they & don't make mention characters designs.

so PG rated this age besides like don't know what they doing anymore.

if follow GS series formula then it would have worked.

but since era of internet tv, youtube, etc yea still only GS era can do it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2