• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kyo Kara Maoh!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wormraper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
I searched the forum for this but couldn't find any answers. I Know Funimation had some licensing stuff with Geneon to continue Kyo Kara Maoh! 2nd season, but have they picked up the full license to redistribute the now out of print 1st season and release a boxset for season 2 as well??? ATM Season 1 and 2 are a bit high priced for being oop for Season 1 boxset and season 2 doesn't have a boxset planned yet, I was wondering if anyone knew where Funi stood on this series
Jinxso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote
Funi has not annouced a S2 boxset at all from what I can tell at this point.

It isn't in the schedule for any time soon thats for sure and the official website just lists the artbox + individual vol releases.
wormraper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
bummer that's what I though, but I am correct in thinking that Funi owns the rights to all of Kyo Kara Maoh in case they do decide to re release the seasons??
crybaby810

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
i wouldn't bother with this series not only because of the licensing issues but according to wikipedia its on the verge of cancellation which means its not really going to have an ending or its going to have a bad one, imo another inuyasha
wormraper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote
lol, I'm not a fan, but it's my wife's absolute favorite anime and I love my wife to death, so I'm trying to get at least one season as a Birthday gift
venka21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quote
crybaby810 wrote:
i wouldn't bother with this series not only because of the licensing issues but according to wikipedia its on the verge of cancellation which means its not really going to have an ending or its going to have a bad one, imo another inuyasha

I haven't seen the ending but have read the summery of it, it pretty much had an Inu Yasha ending. So a lot of fans are disappointed in the third season, because we were hoping for more back story regarding the 10 aristocrats and the three princes, espessally reguarding Wolfram and Gwendal's back stories. Or maybe some closure to Yuri and Wolfram's relationship. I do advertize a site that is doing a petition for a fourth season of KKM over You Tube.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1