• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Robotics;Notes Game's Opening Movie Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
What the hell, where is my Itou Kanako?!
Looks like Nitroplus isn't co-developing the scientific adventure series anymore, they're not even in the opening credits.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote
SamTheNayru wrote:
Looks like Nitroplus isn't co-developing the scientific adventure series anymore, they're not even in the opening credits.

Nitro+ never really did much after C;H. Most of S;G was handled by 5pb with some of the production team being from Nitro+ (one or two members).

Anyway the opening looks really good. I'm surprised though they went with a fully animated opening compared to S;G which was more or less a normal VN opening. But I guess after that mostly animated ps3 opening for S;G this was bound to happen.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote
looks entertaining I highly doubt this will turn out to be disappointment.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:

Nitro+ never really did much after C;H. Most of S;G was handled by 5pb with some of the production team being from Nitro+ (one or two members).

Anyway the opening looks really good. I'm surprised though they went with a fully animated opening compared to S;G which was more or less a normal VN opening. But I guess after that mostly animated ps3 opening for S;G this was bound to happen.

I'm glad that 5pb can stand on their own since it's always good to have more good VN studios.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:

I'm glad that 5pb can stand on their own since it's always good to have more good VN studios.

yeah i know... I just played sayanouta and it was a freaking mind trip/rape. Hell I think if it that vn ever got an anime it would make even the most hardcore anime fans go WTF I also apologize for the size but this is the best I can do atm since I am not at home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mirri

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
SamTheNayru wrote:

this Sad
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
nhat wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:

yeah i know... I just played sayanouta and it was a freaking mind trip/rape. Hell I think if it that vn ever got an anime it would make even the most hardcore anime fans go WTF

Saya no Uta is a Nitro+ original (by their first, and most respected, writer, Urobuchi Gen), not 5pb.
5pb only did Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, as well as this Robotics;Notes. Shikura Chiyomaru and Hayashi Naotaka are the director and writer for all of them, working together on the story and writing.
karenai_hana

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:

this Sad

I was at her panel at Anime Boston and someone asked her whether she would be involved in the anime adaptation of Robotics;Notes. She gave a playful response and said that she cannot say anything about that yet, but to look forward to something.
Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgxFkSYqoQ

My guess is that even if she's not singing the OP for the game, there's still a possibility that she will be singing a theme for the anime.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
nhat wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:

yeah i know... I just played sayanouta and it was a freaking mind trip/rape. Hell I think if it that vn ever got an anime it would make even the most hardcore anime fans go WTF

Saya no Uta is a Nitro+ original (by their first, and most respected, writer, Urobuchi Gen), not 5pb.
5pb only did Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, as well as this Robotics;Notes. Shikura Chiyomaru and Hayashi Naotaka are the director and writer for all of them, working together on the story and writing.

Aye I missed that my mistake however nitro and 5b seem to do decent work together as well. I am just still blown away from saya no uta at this point in time since it's 9 year old game from one half of the developers. I do hope that jast releases this soon for hopes to push steins;gate out legally on steam.

On this visual novel it's self well I expect some one to start up a fan-trans group for the ps3 version until the pc however that's a huge assumption on my end however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Aye I missed that my mistake however nitro and 5b seem to do decent work together as well. I am just still blown away from saya no uta at this point in time since it's 9 year old game from one half of the developers. I do hope that jast releases this soon for hopes to push steins;gate out legally on steam.

On this visual novel it's self well I expect some one to start up a fan-trans group for the ps3 version until the pc however that's a huge assumption on my end however.

Well, many Visual Novel companies have their own unique image. Nitro+ is no different. For instance, some of the most popular ones:

Type-Moon - Mostly serious eroge; action-packed, mysterious, with many being related to the same "Nasu-verse" setting, written by Nasu Kinoko. [Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night]

Nitro+ - Sometimes eroge, sometimes not; all pretty serious and mostly dark, scifi-related content. Urobuchi is their most well-known writer. 5pb has deep connections with them, but Nitro+ only really sponsors 5pb games, in order to get their work out there. [Phantom of Inferno, Saya no Uta, Steins;Gate]

07th Expansion - non-erotic; serious, fantastical, murder-mystery stories with little to no actual interaction from the player's side. Sometimes, one story can be multiple games long. They excel in music composition, in which their music and sound consciously drives the atmosphere [Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni]

KEY - sometimes eroge, sometimes not; Considered the top of the "dating sim" ladder. While many of their games follow your average conventional "harem" setup, with somewhat cutesy characters, nearly all of the characters in their games have an engaging, tear-jerking story. [KANON, AIR, CLANNAD, Little Busters!]

So basically, Type-Moon is Action/Mystery, Nitro+ is Sci-Fi, 07th Expansion is Murder Mystery, and KEY is Romance (for men). I have high expectations for these four groups, so I really hope that 5pb can pull off what they're best at! BTW, I'm pretty sure Robotic's;Notes is not an eroge, right? Some of the CG I've seen look like they have intentional fanservice in there, like I see in games with erotic content in them... but I thought 5pb usually avoids erotic content, so I hope my fears are unfounded...
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
A sort of pet peeve of mine in the article (as I've seen it elsewhere)...Nitro+ is listed first as a developer then 5pb. 5pb/MAGES should be listed first.

Juno016 wrote:

They have been doing a few more original VN works. Recent ones include Dunamis15 along with the latest Memories Off games ever since they bought the rights to the title.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
A sort of pet peeve of mine in the article (as I've seen it elsewhere)...Nitro+ is listed first as a developer then 5pb. 5pb/MAGES should be listed first.

Juno016 wrote:

They have been doing a few more original VN works. Recent ones include Dunamis15 along with the latest Memories Off games ever since they bought the rights to the title.

In terms of marketable intent, 5pb was using Nitro+ for publicity while Nitro+ was using them for a good reputation. Even in Japan, it is listed under Nitro+ first because most people will check it out with that name. When they find out 5pb does most of the game, they, in turn, look for 5pb games. It's a mutual profit and I know both companies have high respect for each other, so I doubt it's that big of an issue.

And yeah. Nitro+ is also doing a Guilty Crown game (among other things) and 5pb has TONS of previous experience in the official business under their belt. Unfortunately, the other 5pb games are mostly console games rather than PC games or even handheld games (region lock), so I haven't played any others... ):
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

In terms of marketable intent, 5pb was using Nitro+ for publicity while Nitro+ was using them for a good reputation. Even in Japan, it is listed under Nitro+ first because most people will check it out with that name. When they find out 5pb does most of the game, they, in turn, look for 5pb games. It's a mutual profit and I know both companies have high respect for each other, so I doubt it's that big of an issue.

Ah, okay, okay. That makes sense and it would makes sense in the West since more people would be familiar more with Nitro+ than 5pb.

Quote:

And yeah. Nitro+ is also doing a Guilty Crown game (among other things) and 5pb has TONS of previous experience in the official business under their belt. Unfortunately, the other 5pb games are mostly console games rather than PC games or even handheld games (region lock), so I haven't played any others... ):

5pb has been porting stuff to the PSP shortly after a console release and that's region free. Also, their newer games have been multi-platform so if you have a PS3 you can play their games.

On a slight side-note...5pb is developing(? or is publishing) a game based on AnoHana on the PSP. Makes me wonder if the game is decent, NISA can pick up the game since their anime division owns the rights to the anime.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely not a fan of the robot designs.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
I'm definitely not a fan of the robot designs.

They're extremely generic, but I think that's part of the point. If you have read Chaos;Head and/or Steins;Gate, they seem to like to put in generic things with a looming, psychological twist.
For instance, in Chaos;Head, spoiler[there is a generic sex-appeal mascot character who is actually a hallucination embodiment of the main character's own psychological weakness as a hikikomori.]
And in Steins;Gate, spoiler[the cute, innocent, childhood friend character ends up more as a key plot tool to the cruel inevitability of fate rather than a love interest.]
If I were to guess, the generic designs of the robot here might be a shout-out to older-style robot hero anime, as the passion of the main character or something, but then turn out to be extremely dangerous or something along those lines. Who knows? But it seems like the designs are pretty intentional.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2