• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Lists Media Blasters as Dissolved as of April 2011

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
Secaucus warehouse was gone more than a year ago and we have The Right Stuf handling fulfillment.

Just last week we moved our FD offices to Belleville, NJ where we will have lots more space for shooting.

Oh...Bellville! Right outside of Newark.

I'm pleased to hear that you've tranferred to NJ. I wish you guys the best of luck in your relocation.

Mystery solved everyone. MB no longer operates in New York. They're NOT dead, they're transferring operations to a different state.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes Chris who was with AnimeOnDVD who had also tried to contact me in the past about this story as he tweeted.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
You are kidding right?

[email protected] does not work? Really? I only get about 50 emails a day but you could not email me.

ok? and neither can Chris who was contacting me for anime boston week in advance for some screeners to review and contacted me afterwards about it.

No one at ANN could email? Justin? no one?

You know, the way you're flipping out over this makes you look pretty unprofessional. I don't know what exactly happened with the email and why it didn't go through but ANN obviously made every effort to contact you. It seems pretty disingenuous to loose your shit over not getting emailed when they also called you a bunch...and called your associate...and emailed your associate. Evidently this one is on you. Hence, freaking out over this one specific thing just seems like a BS deflection.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:
Secaucus warehouse was gone more than a year ago and we have The Right Stuf handling fulfillment.

Just last week we moved our FD offices to Belleville, NJ where we will have lots more space for shooting.

I'm pleased to hear that you've tranferred to NJ. I wish you guys the best of luck

Did you read any of the other posts they made? He said twice they only moved their Fever Dream office so they have more space for filming. He never said once that they moves offices. He even told us all why they were listed as dissolved and it had nothing to do with moving to New Jersey. If it was that simple, that's what he would have said instead of giving the tax explanation.

You really need to think before you post.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Freaking out? You do not get it, do you?

MB is not just faceless company, MB is like a child to me. I go to the cons, I speak with fans and have been since 1996.

So yes I take it personal...

One day when you have something you love and care for that much and someone does something like this to it and not even given a chance to respond, you will understand.

But in the end I do need to move on and just keep releasing and going forward.

Last edited by blaster on Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
Yes Chris who was with AnimeOnDVD who had also tried to contact me in the past about this story as he tweeted.

I see. You've been busy unpacking and organizing the new suite and therefore just emaling John S. & waiting for email would have anwsered MacDonald's inquiry.

Problem solved.

BTW, Mr. John S, Chris Beveridge left AnimeOnDVD a year ago. He now runs TheFandomPost. He can be easily contacted there.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
You know, the way you're flipping out over this makes you look pretty unprofessional. I don't know what exactly happened with the email and why it didn't go through but ANN obviously made every effort to contact you. It seems pretty disingenuous to loose your shit over not getting emailed when they also called you a bunch...and called your associate...and emailed your associate. Evidently this one is on you. Hence, freaking out over this one specific thing just seems like a BS deflection.

Please don't blame him for "losing his shit."

People lose their shit all the time when the press uncovers stuff like this, and to be honest, I'd lose my shit if I was in his shoes too. This is going to seriously freak out his licensors, vendors and creditors (if they weren't previously informed of the situation). John probably has a very unpleasant week ahead of him (depending on how many partners he previously informed of this situation), and I genuinely feel sorry for him.

It's just unfortunate that he either chose to ignore my voicemails, or for whatever reason did not receive them.

Although, to be 100% clear, had they responded, the article still would have been posted, however it would have included their statement, as it does now.

Quote:
BTW, Mr. John S, Chris Beveridge left AnimeOnDVD a year ago. He now runs TheFandomPost. He can be easily contacted there.
I'm certain John is aware of what Beveridge is up to. His point was to say that his e-mail works and he replied to other press recently. I however never claimed that his e-mail didn't work, I merely said the message I sent him bounced, the address I had was wrong. However since I left multiple voice messages, that shouldn't have been a problem.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Fri May 04, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
i knew this was going to happen one way or the other. I will miss media blasters but it's time for them to go. I just hope some companies are able to pick up their licenses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:

I see. You've been busy unpacking and organizing the new suite and therefore just emaling John S. & waiting for email would have anwsered MacDonald's inquiry.

Problem solved.

Seriously, read the thread and stop trying to force an incorrect interpretation of events. Your insistence that something is happening that John said outright is not true is baffling.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Please don't blame him for "losing his shit."

People lose their shit all the time when the press uncovers stuff like this, and to be honest, I'd lose my shit if I was in his shoes too. This is going to seriously freak out his licensors, vendors and creditors (if they weren't previously informed of the situation). John probably has a very unpleasant week ahead of him (depending on how many partners he previously informed of this situation), and I genuinely feel sorry for him.

I think what IKillChicken was trying to say is that something like this should probably be taken care of behind the scenes, instead of in the comments where everyone can see and it looks bad overall for Media Blaster image. I don't blame him for being distraught, since this is probably a bad situation for his company, but there are other ways to handle it.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Fri May 04, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:

Problem solved.

Seriously, read the thread and stop trying to force an incorrect interpretation of events. Your insistence that something is happening that John said outright is not true is baffling.

He is completely delusional at most times and has been banned at time from various forums for spreading rumors and outright lies, often falsely sourcing voice actors or anime producers that never coaberate his stories. No matter how many times he is corrected, he will keep insisting that his fairy tales are true.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:

I'm pleased to hear that you've tranferred to NJ. I wish you guys the best of luck in your relocation.

How are you reading "FD offices" here? What are you thinking it is an abbreviation for? Bear in mind that a previous message reads:
blaster wrote:
... Also if not by phone than why not an email. I have been in NJ with FD office build out.

"have been in NJ" implies that he's now back from NJ. Which implies that the main office isn't in NJ.

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Mystery solved everyone. MB no longer operates in New York. They're NOT dead, they're transferring operations to a different state.

No, the mystery was solved when they said:
Quote:
For all concerned about the ANN story, MB is not out of business or closing down its operation. What happen was the following. MB filed extensions for 2009, 10 and 11. Without notice or us knowing it could happen, the Secretary of State took action. We have now finished our 2009, 2010 and filing and will get the action reversed. We already spoke with them. The company continues to run, continues to release titles. It seems during the last TAF, our competitors decided to spread this paper around which has made life difficult.

See, that explains it. File for extensions in 2009, 2010 and 2011, the Secretary of State office denies the extensions now, or else the extension from 2009 expires before the paperwork is brought up to date (extensions being contingent on the return being filed in the allowed time), and so if the clock started ticking in April 2009, then two years from that date would be April 2011. Now they have to bring everything up to date.

The connection with the move of the "FD location" to a location where they have more room for shooting would seem to be nothing but your attachment to the notion that Media Blasters is moving through front office to New Jersey.

Last edited by agila61 on Fri May 04, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
i knew this was going to happen one way or the other. I will miss media blasters but it's time for them to go. I just hope some companies are able to pick up their licenses.

Let's give Mr. Sirabella the benefit of the doubt and assume that everything he says is true. If that's the case, then this whole ordeal does not signal the end of Media Blasters.

It's not yet time to write their obituary and say "I saw this coming."

-t
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
One day when you have something you love and care for that much and someone does something like this to it, you will understand.

Nobody has "done" anything to your company. I totally understand that you're upset. This is obviously going to be a huge clusterfuck for you. However, trying to turn this into something ANN did to your company is just silly. Take some responsibility instead of blaming everyone else.

RyanSaotome wrote:
I think that IKillChicken was trying to say is that something like this should probably be taken care of behind the scenes, instead of in the comments where everyone can see and it looks bad overall for Media Blaster image. I don't blame him for being distraught, since this is probably a bad situation for his company, but there are other ways to handle it.

This. Again, being upset is understandable. Having a big old public shit fit on ANN's forum just seems unprofessional to me.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
My shitfit is not cause of the story, the story is true but without context from MB nor further research it simply is a story of us going out of business and spreads rumors.

If they could have contacted me and got the right information, the story would not be simply a defamation on MB but instead an explanation of the paper and actions we are taking.

Maybe they could hire agila61, who through our post got it right quickly...

See, that explains it. File for extensions in 2009, 2010 and 2011, the Secretary of State office denies the extensions now, or else the extension from 2009 expires before the paperwork is brought up to date (extensions being contingent on the return being filed in the allowed time), and so if the clock started ticking in April 2009, then two years from that date would be April 2011. Now they have to bring everything up to date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 14