• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled's New Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
I for one am pretty pumped about this OAV. I also think the music is a pretty good fit for Code Geass too. It may be a different story once I see it though. Laughing

If i recall, Code Geass had some jazz elements as part of it's original soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcD7wCCHzw&feature=relmfu
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
infiltration.cru wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
infiltration.cru wrote:
also, amazing soundtrack to this video. if they really go that route and incorporate free jazz elements into the ost, i would be a happy panda.

You and I both. It's a unusual and fairly daring choice for something like this, but it could have such a cool, distinct feel. I could imagine it helping to given the battles a dangerous, chaotic feel.

I can understand why other people might find it alienating. The more adventurous schools of jazz aren't very accessible.

as right as it might be that this form of jazz might not be the most accessible one, i think that- once you get past the confusion and raw energy- it is easier to lose yourself in music like that. i don't have the slightest clue as to whose records i should track down to listen to it at home but whenever i hear this sort of jazz i immediately connect to it. you need no theoretical knowledge to appreciate it because it's just so out there that it simply disregards most rules. it's no wonder that a lot of the more experimental bands in extreme music tend to reference free jazz.

Experimental jazz can be like some people to heavy metal (not Japanese pseudo-heavy metal). Laughing
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Code Geass. It's actually my favourite anime of all time. But this spinoff doesn't look too good. For one the artstyle is a bit bland and green looking. Lelouch of The Rebellion was really colourful but this looks a bit dark and boring in comparison. The mecha battles also seem a bit meh. The CGI looks alright but the actual fighting looks kind of boring. As a huge fan of the show I'll probably still watch it but my expectations are pretty low
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
infiltration.cru wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
infiltration.cru wrote:
also, amazing soundtrack to this video. if they really go that route and incorporate free jazz elements into the ost, i would be a happy panda.

You and I both. It's a unusual and fairly daring choice for something like this, but it could have such a cool, distinct feel. I could imagine it helping to given the battles a dangerous, chaotic feel.

I can understand why other people might find it alienating. The more adventurous schools of jazz aren't very accessible.

as right as it might be that this form of jazz might not be the most accessible one, i think that- once you get past the confusion and raw energy- it is easier to lose yourself in music like that. i don't have the slightest clue as to whose records i should track down to listen to it at home but whenever i hear this sort of jazz i immediately connect to it. you need no theoretical knowledge to appreciate it because it's just so out there that it simply disregards most rules. it's no wonder that a lot of the more experimental bands in extreme music tend to reference free jazz.

Experimental jazz can be like some people to heavy metal (not Japanese pseudo-heavy metal). Laughing

i guessed so. ironically, both are [expletive] AWESOME.
will check out the composer as well as rahxephon, thanks for the tip nightjuan.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote
Just waiting to read "international release" in one of these articles...
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Just waiting to read "international release" in one of these articles...

i'm sure you won't have to worry about that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2